OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports

#51   IP: 66.224.236.218
Old 02-27-2008, 10:42 AM

Panchess you are correct, poor was a little strong. But I expect higher standards from the Patroons than the other teams. And with those standards it was poor. Please dont compare yourself to ATL/RGV.
  #52   IP: 96.235.47.247
Old 02-27-2008, 12:23 PM

I've been thinking about the Explorers situation and I don't know that the Xplosion will get automatic forfeits. I think the league will probably find new opponents for us and we may even get added home dates. But that is up to the decision of the league(imo).
  #53   IP: 24.148.96.122
Old 02-27-2008, 12:29 PM

Default Krunk sold..

..if that is true, that is good news. Given the circumstances, it lets the Krunk make up some games and not disturb the home schedules of the teams that actually draw.

It might mean, though, that Atlanta is actually returning to the CBA for next season. Who would have thunk it?
  #54   IP: 163.120.73.154
Old 02-27-2008, 02:59 PM

Regardless of owners, Atlanta is not a sustainable situation. The league would be best served by a move, or mercy killing the franchise in the offseason.
Mean Spirited Blogger #24601

Accused of being a Cyber Terrorist by Joe Newman.

This league (NIFL) is like a frickin' cockroach. You could throw a nuclear bomb at it and it would still survive
-tony-o

So I'd rather spend a quarter of an ABA franchise to repair my car, as opposed to spending a franchise and a half to get a new car that might have some planned obsolescence that causes it to break down 5 days after the end of the warranty period.
-Chuck the Writer
  #55   IP: 96.235.47.247
Old 02-27-2008, 03:37 PM

Default I'm interested

to see what their new owners will do for the franchise, before I make such a call, rams. If they can promote the Krunk and call attention to the team, things may improve. If they have deep pockets, things may get better for the team. Yes they have a lot of competition, but I'd wait and see.
  #56   IP: 163.120.73.154
Old 02-27-2008, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbf View Post
to see what their new owners will do for the franchise, before I make such a call, rams. If they can promote the Krunk and call attention to the team, things may improve. If they have deep pockets, things may get better for the team. Yes they have a lot of competition, but I'd wait and see.
They don't do a good job of supporting their NBA team! What on God's good green earth makes you think Atlanta would care about a piddly-arse minor league basketball team? The Krunk are at best 3rd or 4th fiddle in town once you factor in Georgia Tech. Their home court situation is a disaster, and the fanbase is typically apathetic. Those deep pockets would be best served by getting out of there and finding a place where they won't quickly become shallow pockets.

This league (NIFL) is like a frickin' cockroach. You could throw a nuclear bomb at it and it would still survive
-tony-o

So I'd rather spend a quarter of an ABA franchise to repair my car, as opposed to spending a franchise and a half to get a new car that might have some planned obsolescence that causes it to break down 5 days after the end of the warranty period.
-Chuck the Writer
  #57   IP: 130.13.1.55
Old 02-27-2008, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rams80 View Post
They don't do a good job of supporting their NBA team! What on God's good green earth makes you think Atlanta would care about a piddly-arse minor league basketball team?
Because pbsf thinks that the cure-all for every franchise is "promote more."

Every franchise needs to promote. But that seems to be his only idea, and he seems to think that's a panacea when teams like the Krunk have so many deep-seated problems beyond their promotional efforts that it wouldn't matter how much they promoted (not that they have the money to do so).
  #58   IP: 96.235.47.247
Old 02-27-2008, 08:09 PM

No need to be sarcastic, Sam. I hate seeing teams fail, is that a crime?
  #59   IP: 70.22.69.10
Old 02-27-2008, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootmaster_44 View Post
I assume this is meant to be sarcastic. However, if not done in jest what officially is the plan?
10 expansion teams based out of the caribbean sea (I'm assuming the Bahamas, Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic and the Virgin Islands)

10 expansion teams in Mexico (The flagship franchise playing in the beautiful city of Nuevo Laredo).

10 teams in Canada (whitehorse, Yellowknife, maybe Coppermine)

and at least one team from China based in Southern California.

The plan is to collect as many franchise fees from as many international investors as possible. It seems as if the entire US market has already been tapped; Therefore, serial businessmen are being forced into the emerging international sports market.
  #60   IP: 163.120.73.154
Old 02-28-2008, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bectond View Post
10 expansion teams based out of the caribbean sea (I'm assuming the Bahamas, Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic and the Virgin Islands)

10 expansion teams in Mexico (The flagship franchise playing in the beautiful city of Nuevo Laredo).

10 teams in Canada (whitehorse, Yellowknife, maybe Coppermine)

and at least one team from China based in Southern California.

The plan is to collect as many franchise fees from as many international investors as possible. It seems as if the entire US market has already been tapped; Therefore, serial businessmen are being forced into the emerging international sports market.
I hate to break it to you, but somebody leaked you Unca Joe's gameplan from a couple of years ago and slapped a CBA logo on it.

-tony-o

-Chuck the Writer