OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports

#11   IP: 70.183.58.115
Old 02-26-2008, 01:53 PM

Send a message via AIM to TheStandard

ABAish minds do ABAish things and the CBA is doing ABAish things
ABAish:Not Playing 99% of your games but you satisfy your self less than 50% Lack Of Promotion Of Your Team, Not Paying your players, Playing in a High School with non regulation lines or Half Court, Playing with Wal-Mart Uniforms, Playing with Mismatched Socks, Posting lies about your league, Posting things that are not basketball or really league related, Calling others Unethical and Immoral, Being Joe Newman.500 Charcters suck.
  #12   IP: 69.145.140.94
Old 02-26-2008, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNKINGS View Post
Man the CBA has turned into BS shoveling machine. Who wants to set the odds on the chance a team is in Great Fall next year? Sounds like everything was awesome in GF except for that damn Four Seasons, its all there fault. Wanting to get paid for the use of their arena. Unbelievable
Amazing isn't it... makes the entire CBA leadership suspect - too bad they're not bright enough to hire a PR person who could tell them to distance themselves as far from Tuckman as fast as possible!!!
  #13   IP: 209.33.55.188
Old 02-27-2008, 04:05 PM

Looks like Tuckman is doing damage control.

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/app...802270303/1002

and

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/app...802270301/1002
  #14   IP: 66.224.236.218
Old 02-27-2008, 04:17 PM

Stiffed a pizza place, classic. Who in the world doesnt have credit cards?
I have high enough credit card limits in my wallet right now to run the CBA for a few weeks . And I am just a lowly Apple salesman.
  #15   IP: 68.117.4.90
Old 02-27-2008, 04:21 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

He bounced a $300 check to the high school less than two weeks ago. That's on no one but Tuckman. What is wrong with this guy? His complaints about arena rent should fall on deaf ears when he can't even take care of a $300 bill to a school in the community he supposedly wants to be a part of. Also, he forgets to bring any form of payment when he takes his team out to eat and then conveniently forgets to immediately go back and pay the restaurant his $320 bill? Ugh, I hope the paper follows up on his promises.
  #16   IP: 96.235.47.247
Old 02-27-2008, 05:16 PM

I read that article. When I saw the headline I really hoped that he was seriously trying to make amends. But after reading it, I still have my doubts. I really feel sorry for the H.S. students who really could have used the money, though. I mean all of them could also, of course. But especially the students. It's not fair to them.
  #17   IP: 70.17.203.232
Old 02-27-2008, 05:22 PM

Oh what happened to Gym Coyne with all of this Tuckman garbage? Why would a league have anything to do with him?

Are these the last days of the CBA? I think so. The merger will happen shortly. The CBA owners are tired.
  #18   IP: 69.145.147.178
Old 02-27-2008, 06:57 PM

Just to you,the Standard, I want to know where you find this stuff at, cause the only site that I could find that talks only about the BSN was in spanish, and I want to see what this BSN league is all about.
  #19   IP: 209.159.226.116
Old 02-27-2008, 07:28 PM

This is why the league shouldn't of approved the sale...... nothing against Apex or Tuckman but they are two of the same, both looking out for themselves and to approve the sale to a shady businessman like Tuckman a week before is not smart..... The only time sales should be approved during the season (this includes the weeks leading up to the season) is to local businessmen.... Tuckman bought this team not knowing anything about the area and apparently about the team..... I'm not saying Tuckman isn't at fault because he should of knew what was going on but I think the average fan could of seen the trouble coming when it was announced that the team was sold right before the season to a franchise that was rumored to have problems before hand.
  #20   IP: 67.85.31.47
Old 02-28-2008, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbirdmontana View Post
Just to you,the Standard, I want to know where you find this stuff at, cause the only site that I could find that talks only about the BSN was in spanish, and I want to see what this BSN league is all about.
He is part of the BSN - has been for a while.
Proud to be "Mean-spirited blogger #10K"
Quote:
And we believe it is better to have critics and people who care than not to have interest at all. Joe Newman 6/30/05
I never said the ABA had the greatest numbers regarding retention of teams. OldSchoolBaller (neither did we )
The ABA has tarnished minor league professional basketball throughout this country Ed Krinsky 2/15/06
We are now making some adjustments to our schedule - Joe Newman 10/9/08 in perpetuity