OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports

#21   IP: 75.31.253.67
Old 02-24-2008, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider View Post
The league has to show some credibility and pull the franchise from Tuckman!
Too late. The CBA has lost credibility already.
  #22   IP: 70.17.203.232
Old 02-26-2008, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken, Steelheads fan View Post
Too late. The CBA has lost credibility already.
The remaining CBA teams will join with the remaining PBL teams next season. The papers to be signed shortly after the playoffs.
  #23   IP: 96.235.47.247
Old 02-26-2008, 10:13 PM

Default I'm going to wait

for the official announcement, as I'm still a bit skeptical about the merger idea.
  #24   IP: 209.159.226.116
Old 02-26-2008, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomp View Post
The remaining CBA teams will join with the remaining PBL teams next season. The papers to be signed shortly after the playoffs.
What good does a merger do?
  #25   IP: 69.145.140.94
Old 02-26-2008, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider View Post
The league has to show some credibility and pull the franchise from Tuckman!
Absolutely 100% agree - if the league keeps putting out press releases that "pat him on the back" they have 0 credibility
  #26   IP: 65.8.20.32
Old 02-26-2008, 10:56 PM

Default Merger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomp View Post
Do you think the merger will be under the CBA label or the PBL? I believe this is in everyone's best interest. CBA's management has to go!
  #27   IP: 96.235.47.247
Old 02-26-2008, 11:43 PM

Obviously, anyone who is in favor of a merger is forgetting about the differences in the leagues that have to be negotiated on. You can't just agree on combining leagues just like that! Some may not like the quarter points system of this league, but I think that's what makes it unique.
  #28   IP: 209.159.226.116
Old 02-27-2008, 12:24 AM

I don't think quarter points will be a breaking point in negotiations, I think the bigger problem will be what teams will be allowed, what would the owners have to have, league rules I guess you could say, who gets voting rights on the board and issues like that..... I think records, and simple rules are little issues in a negotiations......
  #29   IP: 96.235.47.247
Old 02-27-2008, 07:37 AM

I figured that the whole teams would be included in the merger. But if they do go by select teams, then I may have concerns.
  #30   IP: 24.148.96.122
Old 02-27-2008, 08:48 AM

Default CBA/PBL Combination

If it happens, it would be a good thing.

I assume the CBA name would be used. Despite the recent management problems, it's probably still the most recognizable minor league basketball name out there. Also, in a couple PBL cities (Rockford and Quad Cities come to mind), I think the CBA name would upgrade the local coverage and attention.

From the CBA, I assume Atlanta, Butte and Great Falls drop out, leaving seven teams from that league.

From the PBL, I assume Jacksonville and Dallas drop out. I don't know enough about the other teams in the league in order to know if any of the other teams would be folding.

That leaves 15 teams.

CBA: Albany, Pittsburgh, Minot (ND), Yakama, RGV (TX), Oklahoma, East Kentucky

PBL: Rochester, Reading (PA), Rockford, Arkansas, Wilmington (NC), Maryland, Chicago, Quad Cities (IL).

Assuming three divisions of five, here is what I get:

East: Albany, Pittsburgh, Reading, Maryland, Rochester

Midwest: East Kentucky, Chicago, Quad Cities, Rockford, Wilmington

West: Yakama, RGV, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Minot

Not bad. Minot, Wilmington, Yakama and RGV are a bit out there, but maybe there would be an expansion team to help in those areas.

The core East and Midwest divisions are low-travel leagues, which is a big help.