OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports

#11   IP: 69.229.212.104
Old 02-25-2008, 04:24 PM

Joan Z set them straight..LOL

http://talk.rgj.com/viewtopic.php?p=179734#179734
  #12   IP: 209.159.226.116
Old 02-25-2008, 09:47 PM

What is everybody's opinion on placing a franchise here? Names; I can't think of any in the CBA they were the Bighorns not a great name but not a bad one. I don't know much about the facility so I can't comment on that but I think Reno is the right size of a town, SW basketball LLC scares me they have shown how cheep they operate in how there other franchises have been ran, I heard a rumor though that if the team shows promise that the Kings are interested in buying the team and making it there own.... If Anaheim keeps there team it will put 4 teams in a pretty close area (Anaheim, Bakersfield, LA and Reno) which will help with travel issues....
  #13   IP: 24.174.1.241
Old 02-25-2008, 10:12 PM

Default Could work out

Here's a picture of the Events Center set up for the rodeo:

That could be a long, flat section to the court, which would suck for the floor seats that aren't courtside.

As for SW Basketball, they do seem to work on the cheap but they also seem to have decent plans for sustainability if they don't sell whatever team they are operating. Rent was pretty high in Fort Worth from what I remember; we can only guess what Reno wants.

Last edited by ChumpDumper; 02-25-2008 at 10:16 PM.
  #14   IP: 209.159.226.116
Old 02-25-2008, 10:15 PM

thanks for the picture...... looks kinda like the Austin facility..... It looks like it will work, hopefully they can have a setup that is fan friendly
  #15   IP: 24.174.1.241
Old 02-25-2008, 10:40 PM

It's larger than the hall the Toros play in, and Austin has retractable risers on one side only, temporary risers on two others. Looks like Reno would seat about 5000 for basketball where Austin can barely fit over 3000.
  #16   IP: 209.159.226.116
Old 02-25-2008, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChumpDumper View Post
It's larger than the hall the Toros play in, and Austin has retractable risers on one side only, temporary risers on two others. Looks like Reno would seat about 5000 for basketball where Austin can barely fit over 3000.
Austin looks pretty fan friendly though, not to many if any bad seats along with the basketball court for the kids in the corner...... I think that is the main factor....
  #17   IP: 24.174.1.241
Old 02-25-2008, 11:40 PM

I like the setup in Austin. It's very intimate and I'm not sure they would draw much better in a suburban arena. There should be a ton of room in Reno for a kids area on the stage end of the hall. Even Hidalgo stuffs a kids zone in one end of their floor.

One thing's for sure: if the showcase is ever in Reno, I'm going.