OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports

#101   IP: 70.58.228.67
Old 02-22-2008, 01:51 AM

More action from the T-Birds...via the Journal

Albuquerque's starting guards of Ali Berdiel and Daniel Horton have left the team in search of greener pastures, with Berdiel returning to his native Puerto Rico and Horton looking to go to a professional league in France. Horton's new team has yet to buy out his contract, however, and he may yet return to the Thunderbirds, said assistant coach John Coffino.
But Horton won't be available this weekend as Albuquerque faces Rio Grande Valley in games tonight and Saturday.
Help is on the way in the form of guards Daryl "Majik" Dorsey and rookie Dwight Brewington. Their availability for this weekend, however is in question.
"Hopefully, one of them will be ready for (tonight)," Coffino said.
The Thunderbirds also will be without Elijah Ingram. He asked for his release before the team's last road trip because of playing time issues, but every time he seemed to make some headway on the court, he would be nagged by injuries or illness off of it. Although he left the team some time ago, Ingram couldn't be officially released until the team signed another rookie, which is what makes Brewington addition important.
  #102   IP: 70.112.28.248
Old 02-22-2008, 02:04 AM

Default Good

I'm glad Majic found another team.
  #103   IP: 207.200.116.67
Old 02-24-2008, 03:06 PM

According to the paper, after the game, Ruland grabbed the PA mic and apologized the crowd for the awful performance.

He should have been doing that after every game this year.

Very erratic and disappointing performances, I'm starting to lose interest in this.
  #104   IP: 71.222.200.227
Old 02-24-2008, 04:47 PM

I lost intrest a few games ago. I will still come to the games but It's hard not to root for the opposing team.

Coach Cooper's gang- "2006 D-League Champs"
  #105   IP: 72.177.113.232
Old 02-24-2008, 04:57 PM

Question Info please

We might head up there to see the Toros play in a couple of weeks. Maybe you guys could tell me something about the handicapped seating. Are the sections on the same level as the concourse where folks walk in front of you all the time, blocking the view?
  #106   IP: 71.37.145.34
Old 02-24-2008, 05:10 PM

You know what...I think it is. Concourse level. You should let me know when your coming, I have a couple tickets from games that I missed that I can trade in. You'll be sitting on the floor...much better seats.

Send me an email abelicio @ gmail.com
  #107   IP: 72.177.113.232
Old 02-24-2008, 05:18 PM

Thumbs up Wow!

Thanks! I'll let you know when I finalize the plans. It will probably one of the games between March 11 and 14 when the Toros are there all week.
  #108   IP: 71.37.145.34
Old 02-24-2008, 05:21 PM

I'll be waiting...
  #109   IP: 209.159.226.116
Old 02-25-2008, 03:44 PM

Has there been any updates or new rumors about this franchise being sold or moving to a downtown arena that may be built soon or moving to the burbs because I have watched web-cast and I have to say that where they play is the least fan friendly place I have ever seen...... It reminded me of playing in an old YMCA building..... I think Albuquerque has a lot of promise but I think the team needs to find local owners and be placed in a better facility.
  #110   IP: 67.129.67.68
Old 02-27-2008, 05:03 PM

I do not think this team is getting sold. Attendance is up, and no indications from ownership towards that fact.

The proposed downtown arena is still waiting for bank approval of funds. The word is that all parties involved do not see any trouble with it getting approved.

The lease for Tingley is up this year, so hopefully the team can move to another arena, at least temporary until the downtown one is built.

I agree, Tingley Coliseum was meant for Rodeos and horse shows, not Basketball.