OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports

#1   IP: 76.8.161.239
Old 02-09-2008, 09:12 PM

Unhappy Minot @ East Kentucky - Feb. 9

I'm puzzled. We have 4 CBA All-Stars, a coach named one of the top 10 young coaches in America, a great front office . . . yet, we get on the court and show NO EMOTION as Minot walks away with the game in the 3rd. Granted, we had a couple of key injuries at a crucial point in the game,(Crain - ankle, Northern - hand), but come on, where's the team chemistry??? We HAD it . . . .
  #2   IP: 65.77.71.183
Old 02-09-2008, 09:41 PM

Wonder if there is some behind the scene stuff with the players that nobody is talking about?
  #3   IP: 72.95.235.5
Old 02-09-2008, 09:51 PM

I watched the game, Minersfan3. The Miners seemed to do well, but I think the Skyrockets wanted to make up for their loss here. You have a tough schedule, hosting them again tomorrow then coming up here.
Cavs, I saw that the Cavs beat the Kings tonight, by one(92-91). It looked like a good crowd in Lawton.
  #4   IP: 74.183.112.18
Old 02-10-2008, 11:19 AM

MinersFan3, I feel your pain also... The injury to Crain hurt a lot as he is perhaps the best shooter on the team. Northern's hand injury might leave us one short the rest of the way unless we have another signing. Maybe we should pretend each team is Yakima and we might maintain greater focus for 48 minutes...if we play that well with the best team in the CBA (record-wise), we should be much, much better than .500 ballclub
  #5   IP: 24.118.143.159
Old 02-10-2008, 11:48 AM

I think the fact that Pro Basketball News named Keathley one of the top 10 young coaches is a joke. Congrats he was named coach of the year in the ABA one season. That is like being named MVP of your local rec league. I would be very interested to see who the other 9 coaches on the list were.
  #6   IP: 12.20.227.217
Old 02-10-2008, 01:43 PM

Default Miners...

...don't have a lot of size and they have a first-year coach in the CBA. They are in a tough division too. It makes a difference. Last year's Alley Cats team (same ownership) had a lot of playmakers too, but without the size, they struggled late in the season and against better teams.

They have a pretty good team, but not an excellent one. Minot is excellent, and so is Coach Daleo.

Look for EK to make a jump next season. Pittsburgh got their butts kicked last year, but they learned the right lessons with obvious results.
  #7   IP: 69.145.147.178
Old 02-10-2008, 05:04 PM

Just have to say to Minor Leaguer that I love that comparision of being ABA coach of the year to being MVP of the local rec league that was hilarious I am still chuckling.
  #8   IP: 71.194.153.180
Old 02-10-2008, 05:27 PM

Goodness, how many games can the Miners blow? Leading by 7 at the end of the third, and they lost another one. 5.5-1.5

Frost Heaves Forum: http://frostheaves.proboards.com
  #9   IP: 72.147.16.64
Old 02-10-2008, 06:57 PM

Went to game, big crowd , and another blown opportunity.
Here is my opinion.
They have two many allstars. Their is no team chemistry like there was at the first of the year. I think its hurting them having so many playmakers cause everyone tries to out do the other and its not good.

I may be wrong but thats what I think. But it was great to see another big crowd .

GO MINERS!!
  #10   IP: 96.235.47.247
Old 02-10-2008, 07:08 PM

What were the crowd numbers down there, Ron? I did not really notice the big crowd until later in the game.
I was hoping the Miners would split the series, as they have their work cut out for them, traveling up here and playing us tomorrow night.