OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports

#1   IP: 205.188.116.11
Old 05-13-2007, 08:33 PM

Default Thunderbolts dominate titans

a crowd of 2,800 watched the Thunderbolts tear up the titans. If Lakeland wins out, the playoffs will come through Lakeland.
  #2   IP: 74.237.122.179
Old 05-14-2007, 12:03 AM

Congratulations on your win. 51-24 is pretty convincing and, since (all odds are) you will have home field throughout, and the Thunderbolts are 1-1 against both the MudCats AND the Titans (#2 and #3 respectively) with both wins coming at home, you guys will have a big advantage headed into the Playoffs. Hopefully, the Titans can pull off their first ever win against the MudCats in Tupelo in Round 1 and then avenge Saturday's loss in the Southern Division Championship. But, hey, we've got to look no further than this weekend for now. The Carolina Speed, the first victims to the Tallahassee Titans, come to Tallahassee this Friday night. Kickoff is at 7pm, and coverage should start about 10-15 minutes before kickoff. Even with the Playoffs basically set (easy schedules ahead for #1 and #2, with the #3 Titans secured in at the #3 spot), this game should be a good one between the South's #3 Titans and #4 Speed.
  #3   IP: 68.228.31.65
Old 05-14-2007, 08:52 AM

Send a message via AIM to Geoff Send a message via MSN to Geoff Send a message via Yahoo to Geoff Send a message via Skype™ to Geoff

I don't care if the playoffs go through Lakeland. IT's how you play in the postseason. And if there is something a Tallahasse team can do in the post season, it's win.

Lakeland can't handle that Tally spirit in the post season.
  #4   IP: 71.101.56.150
Old 05-14-2007, 09:56 AM

Tally spirit? You have got to be kidding me. The Titans only scored 25 points for the entire game. Some spirit.
  #5   IP: 74.237.122.179
Old 05-14-2007, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle1 View Post
Tally spirit? You have got to be kidding me. The Titans only scored 25 points for the entire game. Some spirit.
A team isn't entitled to have a bad game? This is not to take anything away from the T-Bolts....don't forget, they DID hold Mississippi to very few points in Lakeland, too. That's the first time the Titans have scored under 41 points and lost (2-0 previously, both games were the home-and-home against Montgomery). The Titans will be monstrous in the postseason, and I am looking forward to hearing from you then.

Last edited by TitanDrew; 05-14-2007 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Added info at top
  #6   IP: 72.91.118.110
Old 05-14-2007, 08:52 PM

Default Titan's Ya gotta be kidding!

How the heck are they going to get to any of the games? They had to drive their own cars on there own dime and haven't been payed for 2 pay periods and couldn't afford a bus to Lakeland much less anywhere else. Some of them slept in their cars. How are they even going to come up with the money to pay for the field in Tally? I understand that they are now defunct! As no longer a working organization. It's great that the players are trying to get through this on their own but that can only go so far. I am also wondering which player is going to pay for the estimated nearly 1000 dollars damage done to the vistors locker room? There is a huge hole in the wall that goes through to a AC ventilation shaft that was also damaged and a large paper towel dispenser that was torn off the wall and I am not talking about one of those cheap ones either. Talk about class! They got their butts kicked and rightfully so! I doubt you'll see them around for the playoffs! Unless someone hurriedly buys the team or bails them out financially.

Last edited by CapnRusty; 05-14-2007 at 08:54 PM. Reason: misspelling
  #7   IP: 71.101.56.150
Old 05-15-2007, 06:21 AM

I will be glad to give TitanDrew a response in the playoffs as the T-Bolts march to the Championship.
  #8   IP: 68.35.244.29
Old 05-15-2007, 03:25 PM

I don't know where some of you people get your information from, because it is WAY off. Players did drive their own cars ... because they went home to visit family. Most of the team left together, yes in a few cars, but together. As for sleeping in their own cars, that is WAY off ... almost as off as not having a field or being defunked.

As a member of the Titan staff, I assure you that the Titans are still going strong and will be a contender as we head for the play-offs. We are far from defunked ... in fact, we are in the same situation as just about every other team in the league.

I would suggest just sticking to posting about the games, and not the business side -- I promise we will be honest and upfront with you as we have tried to be in the past.
  #9   IP: 24.93.114.252
Old 05-15-2007, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanFan View Post
I would suggest just sticking to posting about the games, and not the business side -- I promise we will be honest and upfront with you as we have tried to be in the past.
Ouch again.

A word to the wise. Stay away from the Tatonka CIFL/Summit County Rumble/Steubenville Stampede charm school of public relations (meaning no apparent formal education in PR).

You are forgiven out of ignorance. We need someone in the AIFA to step up and make policies for dealing with the general public. Does anyone at a Power and Light company speak to the media when something bad happens? Hell no. Someone in a PR position comments on that stuff. That is what separates the bush league boys from the men. Why would it be any different in a sports league?

Speak up!

Marshal! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PbIlQYR1Qs LAAAAAWWWWWW!!!!