OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports

#11   IP: 72.91.118.15
Old 05-11-2007, 08:32 AM

Default Titan's will be lucky to finish season!

The Titans will be lucky to finish the season. As of yesterday there was a possibility that this weekends game may not even be played because the Titans couldn't even afford a bus to come down with and the players haven't been paid in 2 weeks! They have decided to try and make it in their own private cars on their on and on their on dime! I don't think that they will be in much of a frame of mind to play good football, would you! As for as Playoff picture in the event of a tie with the Mudcats it comes down to the point spread on the games played and we beat them by the largest margin even deducting the points in the first game thus we would win out. This was explained to us last night at a team meeting. There is a very good chance that Lakeland will host one maybe both playoff games at home if we win out. Just a reminder for all you Bolt fans to bring as many plastic water, milk, juice containers with tops to the game to be used as noise makers/shakers when the Titans have the ball. We will be placing a lot of them behind the Titans bench! There will be a lot of headaches after this game for sure!
  #12   IP: 74.237.122.179
Old 05-11-2007, 11:57 AM

Well, I really hope that the Titans can finish up the season. I know that there have been multiple businesses in the Tallahassee area that have talked about sponsorships for next season, and it's just a matter of getting there. I know that I will be making the trip to Tallahassee for the next home game out of pocket, but since I'm staying with someone in Tallahassee, it's only going to cost me gas and tolls anyway (which, considering that it is a 7-hour drive for me, is still a decent amount of money, though I don't mind). I really hope for the sake of the team, the fans, the people involved with the organization, and the league that the Titans can hang on for the rest of the season and, hopefully, much longer after that.

As for tomorrow's game, I'm predicting clear skies with only a ten percent chance of thunderstorm in Lakeland. GO TITANS!

Last edited by TitanDrew; 05-11-2007 at 12:22 PM.
  #13   IP: 71.101.56.150
Old 05-11-2007, 02:52 PM

There will be lots of thunder bolts inside the Lakeland Civic Center tomorrow night.