OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports

#1   IP: 68.249.3.225
Old 06-25-2006, 02:00 PM

Question PIFL to begin in Western US?

Stay tuned...

I edited it because the PIFL admin didn't like me giving away the market names.

Last edited by Minor League Man; 06-26-2006 at 10:15 AM.
  #2   IP: 198.70.141.200
Old 06-26-2006, 12:52 PM

It is the policy of the PIFL to not announce any markets till all the t's are crossed and the i's dotted. Might sound like a strange way of doing things, but just the way the are.
  #3   IP: 216.108.196.171
Old 06-26-2006, 01:08 PM

Glad I saw the post before it was editted lol
  #4   IP: 12.216.92.166
Old 06-26-2006, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIONEERSFAN101
Glad I saw the post before it was editted lol
Me too. I think they are good markets that just haven't been tested out yet.
  #5   IP: 139.55.186.203
Old 06-26-2006, 03:51 PM

Send a message via AIM to fwp Send a message via Yahoo to fwp

I couldn't believe seeing cities listed at this time, no matter what the quality.

I'm glad to see that they've been removed.
  #6   IP: 138.162.0.43
Old 06-28-2006, 09:30 AM

Here is the official PIFL word dated 6/16/06

"Just a brief update on where we are at on things in the development of the PIFL.

We are currently working quietly in the background on the masses of paperwork that needs to be generated in order to implement our plan for the PIFL. Believe me, there is a lot involved in the process. That is part of the reason why there has not been a whole lot out there in regard to news.

The other reason is our promise to hold information confidential. Everyone wants to know who’s on board and whom isn’t. I can say that there has been a considerable amount of interest from 20+ existing franchises and 15+ new markets. The interest is across the board throughout the U.S. I will not go into specific counts for a specific region. We’ve also had additional interest from outside the country which includes Canada, Mexico and Jamaica.

The general public will not know specifics about team membership until August at the earliest. We have a lot of work to do and we will continue to press forward and do our due diligence during the process.

The PIFL operations are currently taking place in San Angelo, TX. It is advantageous for us to be located here for other PIFL interest. We will always maintain a presence here. When the timing is right, our intent is to move a majority of our operations to Las Vegas.

We are not the “Nordstrom’s” or “Ankle-biters” of the indoor football world. We simply believe that we have a vision and commitment that is right for this era of the game. From an economical standpoint, we provide a solid alternative to other leagues. Call us what you want but, we believe that we are the “League of Dreams”."

http://www.indoorbowl.com/phpBB2/vie...151fbc59ac77f7