OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports

#1   IP: 72.207.118.23
Old 03-16-2011, 11:03 PM

Default Tucson Uniforms

The new Tucson Padres unis came out--to me, they are butt-ugly. They are of the same lettering of the SD Padres of the '78-'84 era. Since it appears that the Padres AAA team will be in Tucson for some time (as the San Diego-area stadium is currently on life support), I would imagine the unis will be changing again very soon, as I can't see many people buying them. The bad part about all this for MLB Padres fans, is that there are rumours the MLB club will also be going back to those uniforms very soon. Ugh.
  #2   IP: 159.87.139.137
Old 03-22-2011, 11:38 AM

Send a message via AIM to Fez
Default ehh

They aren't great, but I don't hate them.

I actually like the logo.
  #3   IP: 72.207.116.224
Old 03-22-2011, 09:18 PM

Sorry, Fez, I am from San Diego, and I had to live through those unis (albeit a different color scheme) when the Padres wore them. I didn't like them then, and still don't. I don't mind Tucson's colors, but the font...plus the cap would be good as the BP cap. I'll put it another way--I have caps of all Padres farm teams, but that will stop with Tucson. When I go to Tucson this summer, I will proudly wear my Portland Beavers cap.
  #4   IP: 97.125.116.196
Old 03-23-2011, 05:10 PM

They're not going to care what cap you wear as long as you buy a beer.
  #5   IP: 72.207.122.66
Old 03-24-2011, 10:13 PM

Well, after all, it is Tucson and it will be summer time, so I am in agreement with you. Besides, don't forget, beer is food too.
  #6   IP: 68.2.24.247
Old 06-17-2014, 11:53 AM

Wink Beer is Food!!!

I agree.

Sadly - the Tucson Padres are no more. they are in El Paso ---=

However, the Freedom Professional League is attempting to place a team in Tucson -- but it appears as if the city does not want them there --- I hate to see Tucson without any baseball.....