OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports

View Poll Results: Should the Guard make the move next year
Yes 13 50.00%
No 2 7.69%
Yes but another league maybe different league 11 42.31%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

#31   IP: 72.135.52.206
Old 06-10-2006, 06:41 AM

Send a message via AIM to fwp Send a message via Yahoo to fwp
Smile

http://www.fayettevillenc.com/article?id=235005

The Guard get some great coverage with this article in their hometown paper.

THIS is what's the game is about...........everywhere! Great article!
  #32   IP: 72.135.52.206
Old 06-10-2006, 06:42 AM

Send a message via AIM to fwp Send a message via Yahoo to fwp

[QUOTE=Malepig]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwp
A year ago I was conversing with the Tri-Cities owner on a regular basis, what you state is totally false, malepig. That would lead me to wonder about most of the stuff you spew.
QUOTE]

I stand 100% behind my statement. What they choose not to tell you is up to them. They may not have told you the truth and that is up to them. But they did try to come to the af2 last year and was told no because the schedule was already done.
I know better, trust me.
  #33   IP: 24.255.171.223
Old 06-10-2006, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowpages
Sounds like a certain league in the "Midwest" (Not UIF) is hoping the NIFL does win the lawsuit as they believe that all the teams will rush to them for protection. (This "Midwest" league may be exempt from the suit because of the AFL suit a few years back). A pipe dream at best. There are some talks between a couple of leagues but, they do not involve this "Midwest" league.
What are you talking about? And if you have some info, let's hear it. Don't just dangle it out there like you're with the CIA. Share it, or keep your yap shut.
  #34   IP: 70.177.21.131
Old 06-10-2006, 11:43 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong but, you were very vague in your statements concerning what leagues where talking to whom about coming together. And I do believe I've struck a nerve with you because you know exactly who I'm talking about.

Clarify your statement as far what teams appear to be coming together due to the lawsuit and who's behind it. I'll do the same. But, I don't believe you want that to become public knowledge.
  #35   IP: 68.117.3.56
Old 06-10-2006, 11:57 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

The AFL reached a settlement with the PIFL in 1998. Regardless of what any of today's leagues might think, they are not "covered" by the settlement because of whatever thin ties to the PIFL they may have had. No league owns a magic shield. Instead, the indoor leagues are protected because as long as they aren't using the AFL game system or claiming to play "Arena" football, they aren't doing anything wrong.
  #36   IP: 24.255.171.223
Old 06-11-2006, 02:45 AM

So, I guess I was a bit vague. Although I assumed that everyone knew which parties were suing whom in this case.

The four leagues not named the NIFL are talking about banding together (for more than one reason). There are some common things there. The least of which is that all four were formed out of disdain for Shiver.
  #37   IP: 70.177.21.131
Old 06-12-2006, 03:14 PM

I was harsh in my reply and I apologize. I believe that anyone has a right to pursue that which is in the best interest for indoor football. Maybe it's too early but, I am going to be supportive of the PIFL's efforts. Their concept is good and I believe those behind it have the best interests of those involved.

In the grand scheme of things, it would be great if efforts in the indoor game were made by all leagues to bring integrity and character to the operations again. Unfortunately, I believe that there needs to be changes in some leadership in order to obtain that.
  #38   IP: 70.177.21.131
Old 06-13-2006, 10:24 PM

Here's something I found interesting about the elite af2.

From an article about the new Anchorage franchise:

"Alaska Professional Sports paid the $1 million AF2 requires to start a team, Weatherholt said. He has never managed a pro sports team."

"Alaska Professional Sports will need to pay about $180,000, Weatherholt said, to purchase the removable turf and netting required to play arena football."

"What makes (AF2) work is that it's affordable," he said. "The AF2 treats their customers well."

That's why the AF2 dubs its league as the Nordstrom of football, Weatherholt said."

WOW! I have some ocean front property for sell in Kansas. I think I found an investor.
  #39   IP: 70.177.21.131
Old 06-15-2006, 02:09 AM

I believe that the PIFL has the team's best interests in mind. Whether they change the landscape of indooor football is yet to be seen. But, at the very least, they have created an alternative. I would love to see the Fayetteville team make that move.
  #40   IP: 70.177.21.131
Old 06-15-2006, 04:47 PM

Seems malepig there is a little disagreement in this did Tri-Cities want to jump and was too late or not. Be open to the fact that you also could be wrong on this.

As a friend to this ownership and don't believe they would lie to me on this or anything else, they did consider the af2 last season, but simply passed, wanting to give the NIFL another chance. If they weren't going to be truthful with me on this, they would simply tell me its none of my business like they have on some other issues.