OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports

#11   IP: 151.200.36.55
Old 04-07-2013, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevolutionX View Post
Really, I mean really. Harrisburg Stampede 100 - West Virginia Badgers 0...Care Fear Heroes 75 Washington 28....
A 75-28 outcome isn't good but it isn't completely out of the realm for an expansion team playing at a defending championship team. Washington had a more competitive game this weekend against fellow expansion team York.

The 100-0 game isn't defensible, of course. The fill-in Badgers players and fill-in Crusaders team really shouldn't be playing against AIF teams this season. Of course, you can't (usually) have a league with only four teams.

Last edited by DCAbloob; 04-07-2013 at 02:03 AM.
  #12   IP: 166.137.101.18
Old 04-07-2013, 07:16 AM

Stampede-66
Crusaders-0
  #13   IP: 171.161.160.10
Old 04-08-2013, 06:58 AM

Send a message via AIM to coachingubigr

Quote:
Originally Posted by black dog View Post
Stampede-66
Crusaders-0
No surprises here. The AIF is a joke.
  #14   IP: 199.173.224.32
Old 04-08-2013, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevolutionX View Post
These players were sold a pipe dream and are just being used...
Thes players would have to be really STUPID if they believe playing here would lead to anything beyond what it is, I have no sympathy for anyone that is SO DUMB, that they think the West Virginia Badgers are a stepping stone to the NFL.

I had actually at one time hoped that the Mariners could return. And the AIFA of 3-4 years ago was actually kind of respectable, other than the embezzelment that financed it, but from what I read about this league, forget it.

Sorry to say, as much as I like Arena/Indoor football, it seems like it's fizzling out, even the AFL seems to be tanking to some degree.
  #15   IP: 199.173.224.32
Old 04-08-2013, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by black dog View Post
I'm not sure if Hampton is getting paid. I would hope they are getting something for their trouble and expenses.Also can't say for sure what players for AIF teams are getting paid.
Anybody who plays in a league like this should be doing it just because they like to play, nobody should expect to make a living off of this crap. Like a glorified rec league.

Last edited by NTE; 04-08-2013 at 10:20 AM.
  #16   IP: 199.173.224.32
Old 04-08-2013, 03:51 PM

This league would be better, if they could just get 4 REAL teams and play each other 2 times each (home and away) and just have the top 2 in a championship game. I know it's not many games, but I'd take a 3 game home schedule if it was legit teams, evenly matched.

Harrisburg, Cape Fear and 2 more. I think they could get fans out in Baltimore if they where being REAL. And one more.
  #17   IP: 68.199.103.180
Old 04-11-2013, 05:54 PM

Default Please shut this sham of a league down already.

So now the Stampede beats the Hampton Crusaders 66-0, so lets do some math here = 166-0, I'm about to puke. No offense to the players, the Stampede do have some very good players and coaches, however, from what I hear, they even took it easy on both teams. How can you deem this professional league....really.

http://www.whptv.com/content/localsp...TjSa8KmMA.cspx
(even though article says they're 3-0)

It truly amazes me how this sham of a league continues to operate, same as the UIFL. If you go to some of these "trial" teams' facebook pages you see how they beg players to play.

Two p#ss poor leagues that really have become laughing stocks of the indoor world.

Mucho kudos to the PIFL, they really seem to have put it together and have a very competitive league. What's even scarier, they seem to have ownership groups that understand and "get it" and help each other out.....what an amazing concept AIF and UIFL.
  #18   IP: 98.235.122.64
Old 04-12-2013, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarBear View Post
So now the Stampede beats the Hampton Crusaders 66-0, so lets do some math here = 166-0, I'm about to puke. No offense to the players, the Stampede do have some very good players and coaches, however, from what I hear, they even took it easy on both teams. How can you deem this professional league....really.

http://www.whptv.com/content/localsp...TjSa8KmMA.cspx
(even though article says they're 3-0)

It truly amazes me how this sham of a league continues to operate, same as the UIFL. If you go to some of these "trial" teams' facebook pages you see how they beg players to play.

Two p#ss poor leagues that really have become laughing stocks of the indoor world.

Mucho kudos to the PIFL, they really seem to have put it together and have a very competitive league. What's even scarier, they seem to have ownership groups that understand and "get it" and help each other out.....what an amazing concept AIF and UIFL.
It's really tough watching these games.Marques Colston is doing alot of different things trying to build a bigger fan base in Harrisburg. I can't imagine many people coming to these games for the first time are that interested in coming back after watching these one sided affairs. I expect a better game this weekend when Hbg plays York. Looking at York's roster they have alot of indoor football vets on their team, though I haven't seen their qb play. The thing that bothers me most is what the AIF could be. If you look at the AIFA East in 2010 it was a good division. The West was pretty much a mess but in the East you had franchises like Erie, Reading, Richmond, Baltimore, Hbg, Fayetteville.Even the doormat of the division, the NJ Revs weren't a good team but they atleast were a legit indoor team and not a semi pro outdoor team brought in to fill a schedule. I know Baltimore's championship was financed with some questionable money, but strictly talking about the onfield product the AIFA East was a solid, competetive division. The following year the league merged into the SIFL and since coming back it's been a nightmare.
  #19   IP: 68.199.103.180
Old 04-13-2013, 10:05 AM

Default Great Point!

You're right Black Dog....that old division, if still together would have been awesome, Erie, Reading, Baltimore, Fayetteville, Harrisburg, Richmond, then you throw in Lehigh Valley and a Trenton Steel team, that would have been a solid 8 team league. And kudos to the NJ Revs and their players....because no matter what, those guys always showed up to play.

All the teams would have had a decent travel schedule and could save tons of money in travel expenses alone, as well as built some serious local rivalries.

It's a shame that because of questionable league manuevers, most jumped ship. A mighty ego can make or break you....in my opinion, that's what caused it all to crumble.

It could have been a real good league. Also as you said, the West division was doomed from the start.

The UIFL is another one I always jab at as well because I have friends that contacted them about the possibility of them joining the league. And from what I was told....you talk about arrogance....and now you see how they're playing teams from other leagues (Marion - CIFL) and semi-pro teams (Windy City Hitmen) - have teams folding before they even play a game (Tennessee Rail Runners, Miami Sting and a few others)....and they count them as league WINS.....it's pathetic. I feel bad for the players that paid to tryout for some teams then these teams are gone. Hence, the poor guy who posted from the Miami Sting on this board (sorry can't remember name right now). Poor guy is at the hotel and they get booted....WTF kind of professional league does that. Players got screwed again.

Did any of those guys get reimbursed? I'm sure we all know the answer.

And what about the GPBL (global professional basketball leauge) or the UBL (ultimate baseball league) or better yet the Ultimate Frisbee League. Have some fun looking those "leagues" up.

It's always easy to think your sh#t doesn't stink when things are going well. But now both of the leagues have become laughing stocks. Poor quality games and again, it's the fans that get ripped off and sadly the players as well. Reason being, is their league looks like nothing more than a glorified rec league, and scouts now this. I have a lot of friends that scout for the NFL, CFL and AFL. Again, there are quality players throughout the league, and I don't want to come across as putting them down. It's the leagues themselves.

I hate to sound like a "Hater" but after the things that I have personally seen and from what I have been told.....you get what you deserve.

Could've been nice Black Dog!