OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   IP: 24.72.40.101
Old 06-05-2012, 12:07 PM
50 Yard Fan's Avatar
50 Yard Fan 50 Yard Fan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 541
Default Heroes take on Stampede for AIF Eastern Conference Championship

The undefeated Cape Fear Heroes take on the once beaten Harrisburg Stampede on June 9th, 2012 in Fayetteville, NC at the Crown Coliseum, game time is 7:30 pm.

The Stampede featuring some of the best talent in the AIF had their only loss of the season on May 19th against the Heroes. Since that matchup the Heroes have gone on to beat the Concord Force in their last regular season game and earned a first round bye in the AIF playoffs as well as the conference regular season title while the Stampede went on to beat the Concord Force 52-12 in the first round of the AIF playoffs.

Both of these teams know each other well and the game expects to be a hard fought exciting game. The Heroes have also expanded their tailgating events for this game which start at 4 pm and have added such items as the Gamin Ride, Larry Alexander a local impersonator as well as music and other activities.

Gamin’ Ride is a Mobile Interactive Entertainment Center on wheels that brings the fun right to your doorstep! Their mobile theater immerses 24 guests into a 4D interactive party Experience courtesy of their vibrating simulation seating, game scents and XBOX 360, PS3, Wii and the Ultimate in High-Definition Gaming. Their on-board interactive event hosts help create the Experience and capture the memories, all the while keeping guests on their toes with a slew of activities, games and contests


http://aifprofootball.com/index.php?...hip&Itemid=249

AIF Eastern Conference Championship

The league is going to drag one of the western travel teams out east to play a championship game? Or more likely, dress up some local team.
Reply With Quote
  #2   IP: 66.169.72.80
Old 06-06-2012, 01:07 PM
FootInBallDoor FootInBallDoor is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50 Yard Fan View Post

AIF Eastern Conference Championship

The league is going to drag one of the western travel teams out east to play a championship game? Or more likely, dress up some local team.
The league really only has three real teams when you think about it. Cape Fear, Concord, and Harrisburg.

I agree with you, it's probably going top be some local outdoor semi-pro team.

If the AIF is a league again next year, it will probably only return those three teams, and it will add a bunch of teams that will end up failing like they did in 2012... either by suspension, folding, or being turned into travel teams.
Reply With Quote
  #3   IP: 74.102.61.244
Old 06-06-2012, 06:50 PM
RevolutionX RevolutionX is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 288
Default

Harrisburg will play Cape fear, winner will play concord force for championship. There is no western conference anymore. Whatta league. In John Morris 's eyes this season was a success. To everyone else, they are cleaning the bottoms of their shoes because they stepped in it and smell pretty bad. If he actually dresses a semi pro outdoor team, it would solidify the AIF as one of the biggest scams in sports history.

Last edited by RevolutionX; 06-06-2012 at 06:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4   IP: 64.12.117.76
Old 06-06-2012, 08:43 PM
coachingubigr coachingubigr is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Charlotte NC
Posts: 824
Send a message via AIM to coachingubigr
Default

2012 AIF has to rank in the top five worst ran indoor leagues in history. Unless you ask John Morris. LOL
Reply With Quote
  #5   IP: 174.60.176.207
Old 06-09-2012, 09:20 AM
black dog black dog is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevolutionX View Post
Harrisburg will play Cape fear, winner will play concord force for championship. There is no western conference anymore. Whatta league. In John Morris 's eyes this season was a success. To everyone else, they are cleaning the bottoms of their shoes because they stepped in it and smell pretty bad. If he actually dresses a semi pro outdoor team, it would solidify the AIF as one of the biggest scams in sports history.
Harrisburg already defeated the Force in the 1st round of playoffs. Tonight's game between Harrisburg and Cape Fear should be considered the championship. If there is a "championship" game next week, anything other then the real Ontario Warriors team playing against the Stampede/Heroes winner should be considered a fraud. I agree if John Morris insists on having a championship game next week and presents a semi pro team as the West champions it should be considered one of the biggest frauds in indoor football history.
Reply With Quote
  #6   IP: 76.114.175.195
Old 06-09-2012, 04:20 PM
JeffCapo's Avatar
JeffCapo JeffCapo is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by black dog View Post
Harrisburg already defeated the Force in the 1st round of playoffs. Tonight's game between Harrisburg and Cape Fear should be considered the championship. If there is a "championship" game next week, anything other then the real Ontario Warriors team playing against the Stampede/Heroes winner should be considered a fraud. I agree if John Morris insists on having a championship game next week and presents a semi pro team as the West champions it should be considered one of the biggest frauds in indoor football history.
too late!! The AIF is a total fraud and a joke in the worst way!
__________________
Jeffrey T. Capo
Reply With Quote
  #7   IP: 24.72.40.101
Old 06-09-2012, 06:28 PM
50 Yard Fan's Avatar
50 Yard Fan 50 Yard Fan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by black dog View Post
Harrisburg already defeated the Force in the 1st round of playoffs. Tonight's game between Harrisburg and Cape Fear should be considered the championship. If there is a "championship" game next week, anything other then the real Ontario Warriors team playing against the Stampede/Heroes winner should be considered a fraud. I agree if John Morris insists on having a championship game next week and presents a semi pro team as the West champions it should be considered one of the biggest frauds in indoor football history.
Fayetteville article says the winner will play the California Eagles

http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/...?sac=fo.sports

Quote:
Heroes ready for Eastern Conference championship battle with Harrisburg

Veteran lineman Quincy Malloy gave a subtle pep talk to the Cape Fear Heroes defensive unit Thursday in their final preparations for tonight's American Indoor Football duel against Harrisburg.

"I told them it was time to focus and be at the top of their game,'' Malloy said.

The Heroes, who closed out the regular season with a 7-0 record, will meet the Stampede (7-1) at 7:30 p.m. in the Crown Coliseum for the AIF's Eastern Conference Championship. The winner advances to the AIF championship game against the California Eagles (3-2).
Reply With Quote
  #8   IP: 151.200.32.38
Old 06-09-2012, 06:41 PM
DCAbloob DCAbloob is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 188
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50 Yard Fan View Post
Fayetteville article says the winner will play the California Eagles

http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/...?sac=fo.sports
The California Eagles organization folded last April. Now, the AIF may dress players from who knows where as the California Eagles but they won't bear any resemblance to the team that played in Stockton.
Reply With Quote
  #9   IP: 24.72.40.101
Old 06-09-2012, 09:04 PM
50 Yard Fan's Avatar
50 Yard Fan 50 Yard Fan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAbloob View Post
The California Eagles organization folded last April. Now, the AIF may dress players from who knows where as the California Eagles but they won't bear any resemblance to the team that played in Stockton.
There was no official press release, but an article said they folded according to the players. The California Eagles web site states, on April 23rd, they were taken over by the league and will be practicing next week on Monday at WoodField Park in Stockton. Of course the team has not played since April 7th.

I am guessing someone like the Chattanooga Generals will be dressed as the Eagles
Reply With Quote
  #10   IP: 24.125.218.183
Old 06-10-2012, 07:15 AM
robster2001 robster2001 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,046
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAbloob View Post
The California Eagles organization folded last April. Now, the AIF may dress players from who knows where as the California Eagles but they won't bear any resemblance to the team that played in Stockton.
It's one thing to bill a bunch of uniforms as an AIF team in a regular-season game... but to call it a league "championship" game might just be actionable fraud... wouldn't it?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


                       
                                                   
                                                                                             
                           

Hapening ImgHappening Now