OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports

View Poll Results: Should the Guard make the move next year
Yes 13 50.00%
No 2 7.69%
Yes but another league maybe different league 11 42.31%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

#11   IP: 139.55.186.203
Old 06-08-2006, 12:04 PM

Send a message via AIM to fwp Send a message via Yahoo to fwp

No, not af2. The arena game is more of a novelty, not as interesting as indoor football and at a much higher cost.

To see true indoor football, which is closer to the real game, successful would be all real football fans dream. A stable league needs to be created, a league where the overall decisions are wise, where solid teams have a chance to keep the direction and the focus of their league moving in a positive direction, in turn raising the value of their franchise.
  #12   IP: 216.220.15.211
Old 06-08-2006, 12:25 PM

When talking about the af2, people have to look at what makes good business sense and what doesn't. They have to look at what their team is currently doing financially and weigh that against any blue sky there may be.

The current operating budget for an af2 team is around 900,000. I've seen it in the current af2 materials and knowthis is fact. The average operating budget of an NIFL team and my guess most other leagues teams is between 400 and 500,000.

You take those numbers and look at the 400,000 difference. It is impossible I'd say for all solid indoor football teams in any of the leagues to make it under the current operating costs of the af2. Some could of course, but most, even if they sold out every game and sponsored out as well would lose big bucks.
  #13   IP: 65.191.66.171
Old 06-08-2006, 02:23 PM

Guard fans, all together now...

YES.

Without a doubt. This PIFL has gotten me really excited. I really hope we join it.
  #14   IP: 65.191.138.104
Old 06-08-2006, 02:45 PM

Hopefully this is one topic the front office(aka Bobby Jackson) will read or have read to him
  #15   IP: 65.67.230.93
Old 06-08-2006, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goguard88
Guard fans, all together now...

YES.

Without a doubt. This PIFL has gotten me really excited. I really hope we join it.
I posted this on the AIFL board too, but here goes...

Didn't the AIFL (and every other new league for that matter) make the same promises of stability? Of course anything is better than the NIFL at this point. But, if I were a team owner, I'd wait and see how the first season of the PIFL pans out before jumping ship right away. At this point, no one really knows for sure if the PIFL will actually take off. So I wouldn't burn any bridges just yet.

But that's just my opinion.
  #16   IP: 70.177.21.131
Old 06-08-2006, 03:48 PM

You have to look at the people behind the running of the PIFL in order to make any judgement about whether they are going the same direction as the AIFL or NIFL leadership. I believe there is honesty in what they say but, I also understand the perception created by the others.

I would like to see the Atlantic and Southeastern teams in the PIFL. If not, I hope they can develop a strong league amongst themselves.
  #17   IP: 65.67.230.93
Old 06-08-2006, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowpages
You have to look at the people behind the running of the PIFL in order to make any judgement about whether they are going the same direction as the AIFL or NIFL leadership. I believe there is honesty in what they say but, I also understand the perception created by the others.

I would like to see the Atlantic and Southeastern teams in the PIFL. If not, I hope they can develop a strong league amongst themselves.
True. But if you remember back two years ago when the UIF and the AIFL were new leagues, everyone in the NIFL was talking about how great those leagues were. The were the great white hopes; two solid regional leagues comprised of solid teams. Now everyone is saying the AIFL isn't any better of than the NIFL, which is probably true.

All I'm saying is, the grass isn't always greener on the other side. Then again, this is all assuming that the NIFL is even going to be around next season. There may be no choice but to join the PIFL if the NIFL keeps heading in the direction that it is.
  #18   IP: 72.135.52.206
Old 06-08-2006, 05:29 PM

Send a message via AIM to fwp Send a message via Yahoo to fwp

Yes, it would be ridiculous to do anything sight unseen, but it'd be foolish to not check this league out if you're in a less than desireable situation. Not all NIFL fans thought the UIF move was a great move, not many thought the AIFL was great by any imagination. They have their flaws, every league will.

Some of the problems are inexcusable. A solid franchise or ownership group would have the opportunity to be involved in this grassroots effort, a well planned one I might add. I would imagine they would have a voice in establishing the beginnings of this league, I'm sure there's still some tweaking needed, and you want something that will be solid for all of your members for years to come.

Getting off the ground right is important. Not setting up a league that benefits one or two teams, as we have more than one instance of now. A league that's built to strengthen all of it's members, with their voice being heard. Checks and balances in place to make sure one or two people aren't running roughshod over your league.

I have heard that there has been some pretty impressive interest shown, so far. If you have a product you value, and you want that product to increase in value and not be torn down by goings on that you should be able to control, taking a very serious look at the PIFL only makes sense.

Then you go from there, with the ability to make an informed decision.
  #19   IP: 216.220.15.211
Old 06-08-2006, 09:18 PM

I won't debate whether we are or will be better or not, time will tell that story, but you have to understand that we are just two guys that said enough is enough and put a plan together that pretty much mirriors what fans and owners say they want.

The proof of what we are will be after a season or two. One thing you won't see in the PIFL are under financed teams that can't even make it through half the season. You will also not see unpaid players.
  #20   IP: 71.3.98.248
Old 06-08-2006, 10:48 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=fwp]No, not af2. The arena game is more of a novelty, not as interesting as indoor football and at a much higher cost.

QUOTE]

Let's take this statement and look at the facts. 1st he states that the arnea game is a novelty. Do most novelties last 20 years? No, the indoor game is merely the alternative and is the "novelty".

We then see not as intersting as indoor football. Lte's see the AFL had 1,782,000 in attendance for 2006. The af2 at the midpoint is 497,000(994,000 is a fair projection) for this year. Obviously this indoor football is more intersting is an opinion only and so far over 2 million have watched the arena game and that is greater than all the indoor numbers combined.

Higher cost. well you get quality and stability so it is obviously worth it. Will the Guard come back to the af2? No. We don't need them back as well with Boise, Youngstown, Alaska, New Mexico, the return of San Diego, Des Moines, and a UIF team or 2 plus a NIFL team or 2 coming on board. Obviously the af2 is doing somethig head and shoulders above the ankle biting leagues so one can say the indoor leagues are therefore inferior.