OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports

View Poll Results: Should the Guard make the move next year
Yes 13 50.00%
No 2 7.69%
Yes but another league maybe different league 11 42.31%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

#1   IP: 65.191.138.104
Old 06-08-2006, 08:32 AM

Default Guard Move to PIFL

I know this has been kicked around many times before but just wanted to see how everyone else felt on this matter.
  #2   IP: 139.55.186.203
Old 06-08-2006, 08:39 AM

Send a message via AIM to fwp Send a message via Yahoo to fwp

I like a lot of the things that I've heard about the PIFL. I also think that the Guard has a great franchise, although they do need to pick it up on promoting themselves through their own press releases. That is one area that they could improve themselves, that could pay off tremendously.

Dialogue with the PIFL and the Guard should be a no brainer, in my opinion. If the league and/or the Guard could attract enough teams in that region to make a solid division that keeps travel affordable, I think it'd be a wise move.

As an established team, the Guard would have the opportunity to get in on the grassroots establishment of the league, make sure that their voice is there to help with the guidelines that'll prevent the mistakes we've seen all too often in the past with other leagues.

The fans want to see indoor football be successful.
  #3   IP: 216.196.156.109
Old 06-08-2006, 10:15 AM

Send a message via AIM to MarshalsFAN80 Send a message via Skype™ to MarshalsFAN80
Cool Moving

I've not said much about teams making the move to any league because I don't want to lose the Rivalries that the Marshals have. I'm hoping that the movement by the following teams:

Fayetteville
Cincinnati
RiverCity

(the teams that are within a 12 hour drive from Cincy that have a solid fan base)

I would hope that these 3 teams are talking to one another. I'm willing to bet that River City doesn't make the move...considering a number of the people that are on the NIFL "STAFF" work for the Rage

The UIF and the GLIFL seem to be the best geographic locations for

Cincinnati right now. The big issue that I see with the PIFL is that the geographic layout eliminates any rivalries that may have existed with the NIFL unless there is some other way that the teams work out being in a certain division together. I realize that Fayetteville and Cincinnati aren't in the same division in the NIFL but I also know that I have seen the rivalry between these 2 teams over the last two years.

I've been very happy with the direction that the Marshals organization has taken over the 2 seasons in Cincinnati...especially after the 'CRAZY' start with H.P.

I'd love to see the Marshals join the UIF just because I want that Lexington Trip once a year. The reason I want to see the GLIFL is because of the former players that are on the rosters of teams in that league PLUS I want to see a game @ 7 on 7.

OK, I'm done RAMBLING...feel free to send me your thoughts.

MarshalsFAN80
  #4   IP: 24.225.56.65
Old 06-08-2006, 10:31 AM

I'm not sure which league would be best for the Guard but I would like to see them in a division/league that would include teams from within the state, and also where away games would be say no more than 8 hours. I traveled to Mont., Al. and that was tough enough, a little over 12 hours for me. I would like to see a team or two from VA, GA and SC. I was in VA this week and they had a team in Norfolk, it attracted more people than the AAA baseball and their hockey team, but no one knows why they folded. Anyhow, let's wait and see because something has to be done with the NIFL.
  #5   IP: 139.55.186.203
Old 06-08-2006, 10:32 AM

Send a message via AIM to fwp Send a message via Yahoo to fwp

I think you may find movement in a number of leagues this next offseason. There's more options out there than ever, which should put pressure on all leagues to improve.

Rumor has it that Lexington won't be in the UIF next year......af2, maybe? At least I've heard that speculation. Combine that with Ft. Wayne's problems and a few other things, and the eastern portion of the UIF may look tremendously different.
  #6   IP: 65.191.138.104
Old 06-08-2006, 10:39 AM

I think once the season is over and teams start to make moves things will line up good. The Guard will have a good close group of teams in whatever league they choose to be in. I think you will see some of the teams out of the AIFL make some moves and there maybe even more teams to spring up. I would also think Norfolk would be a good spot. I think Richmond, Florence, Charleston, Greensboro, Agusta, Knoxville, Huntsville all could be cities to look at for our Divison. I think they are still a lot of untapped markets out there
  #7   IP: 65.67.230.93
Old 06-08-2006, 10:39 AM

River City and Cincy should join the UIF.
  #8   IP: 65.191.138.104
Old 06-08-2006, 10:41 AM

I think the UIF may not have enough teams on the east coast for the Guard to be able to make it in that league. I the Guard will still need teams within that 6-8 hour drive max range. It helps with the fans and really helps keep the cost down
  #9   IP: 216.220.15.211
Old 06-08-2006, 11:34 AM

If you look at what we've put out there, you will see we have designed things to promote local rivalries, even current ones and to encourage new ones. I can't speak to specifics, but I think Cincinnati, RiverCity and Fayetteville fans would like some of the teams that have contacted us on their schedules. I could see some very good rivaries in that mix.
  #10   IP: 198.31.4.225
Old 06-08-2006, 11:57 AM

Default How about one league

It's a shame all of the leagues can't sit down, put aside their differences, and form one universal indoor league. Promote the sport. Each of the leagues have solid teams. Absorb them into af2 and then there would be a coast-to-coast minor league of about 35-40 teams.

Take Ft. Waynes, Cincinnatis, Lexingtons, etc. -- the best of the best and focus on one league.

That would put Carolyn Shiver out of business for good. And take away the black eye from indoor football.