OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports

#11   IP: 208.54.35.224
Old 03-13-2012, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevolutionX View Post
This team is an enigma. It sounds alot like a John Morris fabrication. They are probably based out of Maryland and are made up of an all star team from the ICFL, a league founded an run by Reapers Head Coach. This way Morris, or anybody, will not have to pay any of the players, he can scam everyone by saying he got another team to join his league, but in reality, they dont exist, just some name for guys to play under. Thats why they play like four games against the Reapers, the others against Harrisburg. The standings and records in this league will be skewed. there is no record of this team on the net, even in semi pro leagues, no website, the only place they exist is on Morris's AIF website. The scam continues.
the icfl has nothing to do with this
  #12   IP: 174.152.164.14
Old 03-13-2012, 08:46 PM

Who owns or runs the Team ?
  #13   IP: 72.84.241.143
Old 03-13-2012, 09:12 PM

Send a message via AIM to coachingubigr

Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorfootball View Post
Who owns or runs the Team ?
probably Morris
  #14   IP: 96.242.83.55
Old 04-13-2012, 01:26 PM

On paper this team doesnt exist, no team information or website. They only exist on AIF schedule, three out of four games against maryland reapers. What is the deal with team, sad league doesnt publish info on them. John Morris, people know its a scam, not even smart enough to fake it. Players have to be gettin taken advantage of. You wont even acknowlege the players risking injury for you. Why wont the league release any information on these"associate" teams or their developmental division, because they dont really exist.

Last edited by RevolutionX; 04-13-2012 at 01:29 PM.
  #15   IP: 76.114.175.195
Old 04-16-2012, 04:07 PM

For you Redhawks fans - they defeated the hapless Maryland Reapers 49-36 this past Saturday.
  #16   IP: 151.200.33.47
Old 04-16-2012, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffCapo View Post
For you Redhawks fans - they defeated the hapless Maryland Reapers 49-36 this past Saturday.
Don't know if they're the same players but the Redhawks uniforms appear to be from the Arbutus Big Red semipro team of the Mason-Dixon league.
  #17   IP: 68.118.32.251
Old 04-16-2012, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffCapo View Post
They have fans?

Indoor Football Forum
on Facebook and Twitter

Live Scores
on Twitter and Facebook
  #18   IP: 151.200.33.47
Old 04-17-2012, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BananaCat View Post
They have fans?
Actually I did see more than a few fans cheering that team last Saturday, more reason to believe it was preexisting outside of 2012 AIF.
  #19   IP: 173.63.209.219
Old 04-18-2012, 11:51 PM

So this team goes out and beats on of the AIF top tier teams and knowbody has any idea who they are except John Morris? Why is there no info on this team or its players. What is John Morris trying to hide.
  #20   IP: 199.173.226.236
Old 04-19-2012, 09:50 AM

And I was thinking about checking out this Reapers team and the new AIF...however, I think I may decline. From what I see and read, this is super bush league compared to even the AIFA that I knew and loved from 2007-2010 when I was a Baltimore Mariners fan.

The Reapers have a nice website, that never gets updated - they are losing to these kind of fake teams - on Facebook yesterday they had a post touting how CHEAP their tickets are, saying nothing about the team or players or product.

And by the way, for awhile there, they did list the Redhawks as being from Baltimore, MD. It's a shame though, I love the sport, too bad we can't have a decent indoor football team in Baltimore, maybe IFL at least. I watched an IFL game (Chicago vs. Sioux Falls) on Comcast Network last week and that league seems pretty legit, even having several players I'd hear of.

Oh well, it's almost like John Morris "owns" this area of the country? Like the old system of Wrestling Federations back in the day, when promoters owned areas. I think Baltimore might support a stable team, I think they avaraged maybe 2000 fans for the AIFA in 2010?