OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports

#1   IP: 166.205.10.126
Old 01-25-2012, 10:36 AM

Default "make $150000 to $400000 in profit a year". Joe Newman on ABA franchise

He had outdone himself this time

Other zingers
- the league is profitable
- the league fizzled out in 2005 then Newman took over and turned it all around
- national sponsors and merchandise
- joe now finances new owners

http://www.richmondbizsense.com/2012...-at-her-dream/

"If games are missed, it hurts no one" ...... ABA CEO Joe Newman 2/9/09

Due to numerous threats of legal action from certain people.......all of the above is my opinion only and it should be noted that I have never invested in the ABA. It is simply one mans opinion.
  #2   IP: 95.154.230.253
Old 01-25-2012, 01:18 PM

"Patterson would not share player salaries, revenue figures or profit projections."

Well, Newman already told you the profit projections! $150,000 to $400,000! But only if you market it right!

Because that's been the problem with minor league basketball teams since the beginning: none of them have ever made $400,000 profit in a year because they haven't followed the Joe Newman McDonald's/Walmart Marketing Playbook!

Joe's shameless. I'd ask if he's the bigger idiot or the reporter is, but it's obvious the reporter is. He covers business and can't do the slightest bit of research to see what's actually happening? Does he think that with 400 people a game they're going to make $400k in profit?

How stupid are people?
  #3   IP: 66.87.4.201
Old 01-25-2012, 04:37 PM

You can promote and market the hell out of a team, but if the opponent fails to show up for even one game, all that promotion, and some of your credibility, goes straight down the toilet. After 2 or 3 no shows, you’ve got nothing. Literally.
Mean Spirited Blogger #37

Honored to have been the 13th player for the Vermont Frost Heaves game on 2-16-07 against the Maryland Nighthawks.

The ABA is the basketball equivalent of Amp'd Mobile.
  #4   IP: 68.206.47.121
Old 01-26-2012, 07:49 AM

Default "make $150,000.."

I've answered an internet ad that promises a fortune while working at home only 30 minutes a day. As soon as the money starts pouring in I'll buy an ABA franchise. Maybe two or three.
  #5   IP: 173.246.198.169
Old 01-26-2012, 04:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to SignGuyDino

Now that Don LaPre is dead, maybe Newman can include "tiny ads in thousands of newspapers" in his marketing campaign.
  #6   IP: 24.148.105.128
Old 01-28-2012, 12:12 PM

I am sure the ABA is making money. Joe Newman doesn't do much of anything without his hand out. In any event, doesn't the ABA have to report p/l as a public corporation?

I doubt any of the teams are making any money though.
  #7   IP: 98.74.174.89
Old 01-29-2012, 06:42 AM

Send a message via ICQ to LightningMan Send a message via AIM to LightningMan Send a message via MSN to LightningMan Send a message via Yahoo to LightningMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by panchess View Post
In any event, doesn't the ABA have to report p/l as a public corporation?
Now that they are listed and traded on the pink sheets, any reporting is purely voluntary and any investment in them is without the stock protections that standardly traded companies enjoy.