OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports

#1   IP: 173.23.166.32
Old 10-02-2010, 08:47 PM

Default Tony Chase

Tony Chase fired by the PBL. Carrie May is now running the show. In the words of Dick Vitale "Are you kidding me!!!!"
  #2   IP: 74.199.127.100
Old 10-02-2010, 09:49 PM

Default Waiting for confirmation though {link???}

If this is indeed true. As all points to Chase being out and something being
not right in PBL land. What becomes of the Bluegrass Stallions?

The team website has yet to be brought back. Furthermore, the soap opera
in the PBL is beginning to overshadow the games themselves. Setting the
league back to ABA standards.
  #3   IP: 24.107.59.172
Old 10-02-2010, 10:13 PM

If this is true, then will we see the return of the Basketball Federation of America?
  #4   IP: 75.134.183.58
Old 10-03-2010, 08:25 AM

I am most interested in a job description of this position? I am sure Carrie can do a good job so long as she stays off the boards and really attempts to recruit solid teams.
  #5   IP: 74.234.148.134
Old 10-03-2010, 09:13 AM

Default To clarify...

I was not "fired" from the PBL. Sev and I are great friends and I needed to step down in fairness to the PBL, to focus on my four healthcare companies (three of which are in due diligence for my pre-retirement sale!!!). Carrie is a very capable executive who will lead the PBL into the future. As for the Stallions, as noted before, I relinquished the ownership to the other investors and they intend to fully participate in the PBL for 2011. The website is currently undergoing a total overhaul by a company called Digome, who designed and maintains Coach Calipari's site, www.CoachCal.com. Last, the Basketball Federation of America remains on the shelf and I have no intention of getting it down now, or in the foreseeable future. I am excited about the future of the PBL.
  #6   IP: 184.32.196.232
Old 10-03-2010, 02:53 PM

Default What a Joke

What A Joke! This guy does a lot of talking on this site but never comes through! Whats the real story.
  #7   IP: 76.18.153.48
Old 10-03-2010, 05:01 PM

We all have our opinions concerning Tony Chase. Of note is the fact that he has always been honest and upfront with all that have been on these boards. As he said, he stepped down due to other business obligations. Any of you try to run multiple companies lately? I for one take that at face value and believe if the man said he stepped down, then he did indeed step down. Why would anyone dispute that? Tony Chase is responsible for bringing in 25% of the current PBL teams. Given that, why consider the notion that he was fired? We don't know the how and why of his departure. We do know that he helped grow the PBL during his brief stay and may have even saved the league. I don't like the fact that he is no longer with the PBL, however, I applaud him for what he accomplished during his brief stay. And I wish him nothing but the best. I also need to add that Carrie has been around since day one with the league, therefore it couldn't be left in better hands. Should be an exciting season!
  #8   IP: 75.134.183.58
Old 10-04-2010, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TChasePBL View Post
I was not "fired" from the PBL. Sev and I are great friends and I needed to step down in fairness to the PBL, to focus on my four healthcare companies (three of which are in due diligence for my pre-retirement sale!!!). Carrie is a very capable executive who will lead the PBL into the future. As for the Stallions, as noted before, I relinquished the ownership to the other investors and they intend to fully participate in the PBL for 2011. The website is currently undergoing a total overhaul by a company called Digome, who designed and maintains Coach Calipari's site, www.CoachCal.com. Last, the Basketball Federation of America remains on the shelf and I have no intention of getting it down now, or in the foreseeable future. I am excited about the future of the PBL.
So all of these things mentioned above happened after you were named CEO? You came on here (against many people's wishes) and gave us useless drivel about the changes you were going to make to better the league. You were going to listen to the people on this message board and be the voice of minor league basketball reasoning? I am glad the Stallions intend to participate...that intention isn't really re-assuring. And Dayton is in the league...how is there website? Must be undergoing an overhaul as well...Sorry PBL, no passes on two President/CEO positions resigned within six weeks.

Can Carrie do the job, yes. Will we see less message board crap? We can only hope.
  #9   IP: 173.165.9.166
Old 10-04-2010, 08:56 AM

Send a message via AIM to not so fast

As a supporter of the PBL, I am a little dismayed at this "Whos on First and Whats on Second" approach to upper management. It gives the impression of a league being unstable.

However that being said, Carrie will do well running the league. But she should appoint a director of basketball operations to assist her with some of the duties, and someone with solid minor league experience. And that person should be on the payroll, not a vollunteer.

Finally Tony Chase is a really good person, and it's too bad his schedule does not allow him the time to run the league, but It appears he left in good terms and thats a good thing.
  #10   IP: 72.13.91.134
Old 10-04-2010, 09:10 AM

So Tony doesnt have a basement he can sit in and con and grab $ 10,000 for a "market reservation" from people, like the ABA does? I guess Tony has a real job.

Take a look out your window sometime and see the economics around you. Im sure Tony would have liked to stay in that role of CEO, but if he says his business comes first, his business comes first. This is the reality all business men/woman are facing today. Wonder how long Doc will keep this going,Im Sure hospitals and real estate has taken a hit. Play money has to be decreasing.