OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports

#1   IP: 24.192.184.64
Old 06-15-2010, 04:59 PM

Default The Marshals

While in the Columbus, OH area this past weekend, I acquired a football helmet that I believe may be game used from The Marshals that played in the NIFL for part of the '07 season in Dayton, OH. The thing is, I don't remember the logo on the helmet. I know it is not the same as when they played in Waco or Cincinnati. The warranty label inside is from December 2005, so it fits the franchise timeline. I picked it up for next to nothing so I figured I'd take a shot at it being game used. I have attached pictures of the helmet in case anyone can help me out and let me know if this is the helmet they used in '07.

"I like you. When the world is mine your death shall be quick and painless."
- Stewie Griffin
  #2   IP: 198.169.152.20
Old 06-15-2010, 06:33 PM

Cool That is too cool

I have only seen that logo once and was never able to find any photos of the Marshals from that season.

Bill Jones recreates the logos and puts them on his collection of gum-ball helmets (he has about 7,000 helmets). He shows that logo for the 2007 Marshals, but I am not sure were he got it.
Check this out; http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...e=lukas/071212

Very cool, I would guess you have a piece of indoor football history there.

Last edited by 50 Yard Fan; 06-15-2010 at 10:52 PM.
  #3   IP: 75.1.204.225
Old 06-20-2010, 10:38 PM
Banned

The Marshals only played seven games in 2007 and photos show them wearing helmets with the old Marhals logo. This helmet appears to be a fan replica or fantasy football helmet.