OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports

Closed Thread

#11   IP: 70.119.186.149
Old 04-02-2010, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SignGuyDino View Post
OK, you're being a tool. I have e-mails from the Kissimmee Civic Center from last Monday saying as of yet they don't have a lease "but expect to get one 'soon.'" As of this moment, it is NOT listed on the Kissimmee Civic Center schedule for crying out loud.

So....even if they do get the lease, it's one month before this team supposedly starts and run a serious professional basketball team?

It's unprofessional. The team is not in until the lease is signed and paid. Period. You wish to deny it's unprofessional to start this late, be my guest, but you are denying history.

I've seen it happen in my town and others where teams start late and it was a complete disaster. The WBA has been doing this nonsense for 6 years, starting late, promising to field teams with no follow-up (I'd love to see somebody dare dispute that), etc., and we've seen the results.

And this guy preaching "Jesus" as some sort of cover is sickening. I actually have worked with Randy Shepherd and CrossFire in my town. Unlike this guy, Randy has actually accomplished something in basketball and is using his ministry around the globe for actual ministry, basketball is just a vehicle. He's not deluding himself to thinking he can go pro, certainly not at this stage in his life.

You want to be blind? Be my guest. But I've seen these characters come and go firsthand, and I'm not the only one.
UMMM really now you have the info email from the KCC? They probably told you that because thats protocol!! Look I am trying to defend what is good with minor league basketball and I feel that this guy(Mark) is genuine. Yes he does talk about Jesus and I applaude that, but how can you judge what you do not know about operations. I read that this team started a year and a half ago with events in the community, so his team doesn't sound like someone that has just thrown this all together in the last month, it seems like its been ongoing for a while. But we will see what is up when May hits according to the schedule. I am a firm supporter that he will be successful especially with God at the helm.
  #12   IP: 72.154.24.16
Old 04-02-2010, 08:49 PM

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SignGuyDino View Post
OK, you're being a tool. I have e-mails from the Kissimmee Civic Center from last Monday saying as of yet they don't have a lease "but expect to get one 'soon.'" As of this moment, it is NOT listed on the Kissimmee Civic Center schedule for crying out loud.

So....even if they do get the lease, it's one month before this team supposedly starts and run a serious professional basketball team?

It's unprofessional. The team is not in until the lease is signed and paid. Period. You wish to deny it's unprofessional to start this late, be my guest, but you are denying history.

I've seen it happen in my town and others where teams start late and it was a complete disaster. The WBA has been doing this nonsense for 6 years, starting late, promising to field teams with no follow-up (I'd love to see somebody dare dispute that), etc., and we've seen the results.

And this guy preaching "Jesus" as some sort of cover is sickening. I actually have worked with Randy Shepherd and CrossFire in my town. Unlike this guy, Randy has actually accomplished something in basketball and is using his ministry around the globe for actual ministry, basketball is just a vehicle. He's not deluding himself to thinking he can go pro, certainly not at this stage in his life.

You want to be blind? Be my guest. But I've seen these characters come and go firsthand, and I'm not the only one.
Should we all bow down to you now? Get off your high horse ...

Last edited by wellington; 04-03-2010 at 07:00 AM.
  #13   IP: 173.23.166.32
Old 04-02-2010, 09:21 PM

SignGuy is right. The truth hurts and Wellington, you are just blindly following this nonsense. You aer a soccer guy, great. Stick with soccer. many of us on these boards have been around minor league basketball for years. SignGuy is right. Wellington, you are acting like a fool.
  #14   IP: 173.29.148.43
Old 04-02-2010, 11:02 PM

no lease at this point in the process is very uncool. I'll take what was said at face value about no finalized venue (while selling tickets to fans ) and just stick to the facts. Bottomline regardless if King is a cool guy and the jesus stuff... no lease a month out... simply not cool.
Since minor league basketball has sunk so low it should be noted that all my comments are merely my personal opinions. They are purely my views that I wish to express using my constitutionally protected right. There are basic standards I believe a pro league or team should adhere to. If you want to know those standards shoot me a PM.
  #15   IP: 24.248.161.158
Old 04-03-2010, 01:22 AM

Protocol for most arenas is they will talk about a tenant when the lease is signed and they will put it on the arena's website (usually with the links to the ticket agent) and the arena's calendar. The more people in the arena, the more money the arena makes. So they have a vested interest.

I have no dogs in this fight, but I will say, some of these vaporware teams are ruining minor league sports. Have your ducks in a row. If you don't have the $$$ then do something else.

Yes, I know the mantra, "We are fulfilling people's dreams of playing pro sports" blah, blah, blah. But when the $$$ disappears and the team folds in the beginning, middle, end of the season, it becomes a nightmare for all involved — players, coaches and fans. "We are providing a great community service" blah, blah, blah. When you fold up shop, all you do is blow your credibility and make it harder for a legitimate owner to try something. You can do a lot for your community without spending money or trying to sponsor a low budget sports franchise and without a lot of badly written press releases. (I know a lot of successful youth sports programs run on a low budget).

I may be "hater," but the haters are haters because the so-called "playas" are so lame. Me, I'm still waiting for the Hutchinson Ball Hogs to play the Wichita Bombers in AAPBL play.
  #16   IP: 72.154.24.16
Old 04-03-2010, 07:07 AM

Arrow

I don't deny that there is a lot of truth to what SignGuyDino is saying... for whatever reason though he rubs me the wrong way.

Probably in 999 cases out of a 1000 everybody would be right about the Flight; however, I just have a feeling that they will prove everyone wrong. Just a gut feeling on my part (I could be wrong)... some things may not be totally in order, but a lot of good groundwork has been laid out... it will be interesting to say the least...

Happy Easter!
  #17   IP: 98.231.29.201
Old 04-03-2010, 07:17 AM

This has gone from a bad April Fool's joke to another Mark King bashing.