OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports

Closed Thread

#1   IP: 70.119.186.149
Old 04-01-2010, 04:51 PM

Default Florida Flight shutting down operations?

I am hearing that the Florida Flight are suspending operations for this season but are looking to try again in 2011!! This would not be good at all!!
  #2   IP: 72.154.24.16
Old 04-01-2010, 05:33 PM

Thumbs up

I did see this on their website this afternoon -- http://www.flighthoops.com -- they are having an open tryout camp... I guess they are looking to get some players lined up for the 2012 season...

Quote:
GOT HOOPS?
PRO BASKETBALL OPEN TRYOUT

Presented by the
FLORIDA FLIGHT
of the
WORLD BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION
EXPOSURE LEAGUE

April 17, 2010
Kissimmee Civic Center
9:00am - 4:00pm
  #3   IP: 70.119.186.149
Old 04-01-2010, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasketballGuru View Post
I am hearing that the Florida Flight are suspending operations for this season but are looking to try again in 2011!! This would not be good at all!!
April Fools everyone!! Flight aren't going anywhere!! They are playing this season!!!!
  #4   IP: 173.23.166.32
Old 04-02-2010, 08:07 AM

Yes a tryout for the Flight. 150 dollars - what a rip-off. Talk about a money making scam. Shame on you Flight. Way to look out for the "hard working, common, every day guy just living the dream" as long as you got the money. What a joke
  #5   IP: 205.188.116.13
Old 04-02-2010, 08:57 AM

Send a message via AIM to SignGuyDino

$150 tryouts is so 2006... http://www.free-press-release.com/ne...152651108.html
  #6   IP: 173.165.9.166
Old 04-02-2010, 09:16 AM

Send a message via AIM to not so fast

Paying 150 dollars for a flight camp would be april fools alright.

Why would anyone pay 150 dollars to try out for a team that wont pay them any money if they make the team?

At least mark charge 25 dollars. be fare to all the underpriviallge people of your florida community.

What would Jesus do?
  #7   IP: 71.244.242.115
Old 04-02-2010, 09:25 AM

We have all jumped on the ABA for this. No coach, no venue, but running free agent scam camps. When is this guy going to get a clue? Run things the right way.
  #8   IP: 205.188.116.13
Old 04-02-2010, 09:30 AM

Because they are buying into a rec. league. Pretty sad, WBA had some potential, but they keep making the same mistakes over and over out of desperation, ego, and poor planning.

This nonsense has been going on for at least 4 years with King and 6 years with the WBA. One would think that people will figure out you do not announce a team until the venue is secured. And if you can't get it with enough lead time (and one month is NOT enough lead time), then sorry, try again next year.

Let's lay this out for the kiddies:

1. First you get the investors.
2. Then you get the lease.
3. Then you pay the rent or large deposit, and it must be several months before the season starts.
4. THEN AND ONLY THEN do you publicly announce the team.
5. THEN AND ONLY THEN do you seek sponsors, tryout money, and ticket sales.

Anything less is unprofessional at best and unethical at worst. We see this with the UNGL and with other supposed basketball leagues, why do you think just because somebody says "Jesus" every four words and uses a website to promote himself the standard protocol should be different?

Totally unacceptable for a 6 year league to announce a team without the lease being secured.
  #9   IP: 70.119.186.149
Old 04-02-2010, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketball facts View Post
We have all jumped on the ABA for this. No coach, no venue, but running free agent scam camps. When is this guy going to get a clue? Run things the right way.
When are you going to get the facts straight basketball facts and SignGuyDino??? I think you both better get your information right before you spat out at the Flight!! They do have a coach and a venue, so they can run a free agent camp if they desire too. I don't know who your source is but you are very wrong my friends. You guys may want to pull that foot out of your mouths and admit that you are wrong about the Flight and the WBA. Nuff Said!!!!
  #10   IP: 74.167.186.60
Old 04-02-2010, 04:02 PM

OK, you're being a tool. I have e-mails from the Kissimmee Civic Center from last Monday saying as of yet they don't have a lease "but expect to get one 'soon.'" As of this moment, it is NOT listed on the Kissimmee Civic Center schedule for crying out loud.

So....even if they do get the lease, it's one month before this team supposedly starts and run a serious professional basketball team?

It's unprofessional. The team is not in until the lease is signed and paid. Period. You wish to deny it's unprofessional to start this late, be my guest, but you are denying history.

I've seen it happen in my town and others where teams start late and it was a complete disaster. The WBA has been doing this nonsense for 6 years, starting late, promising to field teams with no follow-up (I'd love to see somebody dare dispute that), etc., and we've seen the results.

And this guy preaching "Jesus" as some sort of cover is sickening. I actually have worked with Randy Shepherd and CrossFire in my town. Unlike this guy, Randy has actually accomplished something in basketball and is using his ministry around the globe for actual ministry, basketball is just a vehicle. He's not deluding himself to thinking he can go pro, certainly not at this stage in his life.

You want to be blind? Be my guest. But I've seen these characters come and go firsthand, and I'm not the only one.

Last edited by SignGuyDino; 04-02-2010 at 04:07 PM.
Closed Thread