OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports

#1   IP: 96.235.46.64
Old 01-10-2010, 12:42 PM

Default QuebecatHalifax

Rainmen 23, Kebs 20 after 1. Why do the Rainmen wear 'Halifax' at home and 'Rainmen' away? Should it not be visaversa?
  #2   IP: 67.9.164.231
Old 01-10-2010, 02:29 PM

Austin did that with their jerseys too last season. Never made any sense. Maybe they wanted to remind the fans they actually were in Austin.

Decent video, nice crowd. What's with the Kebs' shorts?
  #3   IP: 75.3.64.202
Old 01-10-2010, 02:47 PM

Sometimes I hate coming across as a Know-it-all, but the uniform switch is an alternative jersey of sorts. Gives the fans a fresh look and helps market the team, particularly in the merchandise department.

...and it's only sometimes that I hate coming across as a know-it-all.
  #4   IP: 96.235.46.64
Old 01-10-2010, 02:50 PM

It does not make any sense to me no matter who does it.
As for the Kebs shorts, no idea. Maybe they consider Halifax neutral because they are still in Canada.
Sorry, last score I had was 66 all in the second half. I had to take a nap, having a headache. When I returned the announcers were giving final thoughts after an interview(Corey Minnifield?). Unfortunately, they never announced or posted the final, only saying another win for the Rainmen. I never did have a good look at the crowd, aside from noticing that one of the the ends at the Center was empty.
  #5   IP: 67.9.164.231
Old 01-10-2010, 02:56 PM

Default Maybe, but

Not all the shorts were the same. I was just going to assume they were their home shorts or the only shorts they had for that game (or all the time, whatever), but at least one player had on shorts with a straight stripe down the sides whereas most of the others had a color panel that expanded in a curve down the side.

Just wondering; sometimes there's a good story behind stuff like that. Looked pretty ugly whatever the case may be.

As for the crowd, the couple of shots I saw showed the middle of the arena to be pretty full. In a place that size, it looked like a good crowd.
  #6   IP: 96.235.46.64
Old 01-10-2010, 03:13 PM

I agree about the Kebs uniforms being ugly. Blue tops and white shorts do not go together.

I thought you would include the final score.
  #7   IP: 67.9.164.231
Old 01-10-2010, 03:18 PM

The PBL site says 112-87.
  #8   IP: 96.235.46.64
Old 01-10-2010, 04:17 PM

ok, thanks. That's a far cry from the score I left.