OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports

#1   IP: 12.210.246.107
Old 07-26-2009, 10:15 PM

Default CBA Coming Back New and Improved

Ken heard the same thing I heard, the CBA will be back with experienced front office staff, limited budgets and solid leadership. Expect announcements shortly.
  #2   IP: 72.95.238.145
Old 07-27-2009, 07:38 AM

I'm going to say the same thing I said to the last thread starter on this subject. Unless I see official word on this, it's hearsay.
I'll add that unless my area is included, I could care less.
  #3   IP: 173.29.192.240
Old 07-27-2009, 08:36 AM

limited budgets... you are speaking my language. but you need franchise owners for those. so far... just more talk on a message board.
Since minor league basketball has sunk so low it should be noted that all my comments are merely my personal opinions. They are purely my views that I wish to express using my constitutionally protected right. There are basic standards I believe a pro league or team should adhere to. If you want to know those standards shoot me a PM.
  #4   IP: 97.95.56.219
Old 07-27-2009, 09:49 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

It may indeed be more than talk. Let's keep in mind though that any reincarnated CBA would bear almost no connection to the CBA that essentially went belly up this year.
  #5   IP: 173.29.192.240
Old 07-27-2009, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by preeths View Post
It may indeed be more than talk.
i do hope so. but you can't just jump to conclusions based on some random posters sourceless claims... well unless you know something.
Since minor league basketball has sunk so low it should be noted that all my comments are merely my personal opinions. They are purely my views that I wish to express using my constitutionally protected right. There are basic standards I believe a pro league or team should adhere to. If you want to know those standards shoot me a PM.
  #6   IP: 66.99.3.72
Old 08-04-2009, 06:26 PM

The AFL couldn't make it. How can the CBA do it?
  #7   IP: 97.95.56.219
Old 08-05-2009, 09:52 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Not sure I understand. What connection are you making between the two leagues?
  #8   IP: 66.113.48.11
Old 10-02-2009, 04:59 PM

I know it might be a long shot...but I hope the CBA makes it back. The two years I was GM in Great Falls are easily the best of my professional career. It is really too bad that a few owners, unfortunately the two that owned my team, ruined a legendary league.
  #9   IP: 98.67.89.56
Old 10-03-2009, 03:53 PM

Send a message via ICQ to LightningMan Send a message via AIM to LightningMan Send a message via MSN to LightningMan Send a message via Yahoo to LightningMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanacra View Post
I know it might be a long shot...but I hope the CBA makes it back. The two years I was GM in Great Falls are easily the best of my professional career. It is really too bad that a few owners, unfortunately the two that owned my team, ruined a legendary league.
But what if all that's back is a name? What if there are none of the final four members of the league? Does the CBA being back solely in name cut it for you? I'm not going to fault you if it does, being a Cleveland Browns fan and all, but I do wonder if it will.
  #10   IP: 72.95.229.250
Old 10-03-2009, 06:59 PM

It would be nice if the league could come back, but until I see some kind of an official press release on it, I'm not going to believe it. My memories of the league are from the Piranhas and the Xplosion. The CBA needs some honest and responsible people at the head and maybe a change in name. But I see the chances are slim.