OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports

#1   IP: 71.244.247.140
Old 06-19-2009, 11:17 AM

Default CBA lives

CBA is not closing it's doors. The CBA will be back this year. Look for official news in the next two weeks.
  #2   IP: 74.199.127.100
Old 06-19-2009, 11:21 AM

Hope your correct.

The question remains, could this league ever be truly
"continental", or close to it?

I still want to see about 12 teams in two divisions (East and West)
  #3   IP: 72.95.234.44
Old 06-19-2009, 11:30 AM

You know that I'm going to ask you for your source. You're crazy if you think I'm going to take your word for it.
  #4   IP: 71.244.247.140
Old 06-19-2009, 11:51 AM

I really don't care what you do. I telling you what is going to happen. Do with it what you wish. I really do not think that Jaren Jackson will be involved, so I know that that hurts you. But as for the info, do with it as you wish.
  #5   IP: 173.29.192.240
Old 06-19-2009, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketball facts View Post
I really don't care what you do. I telling you what is going to happen. Do with it what you wish. I really do not think that Jaren Jackson will be involved, so I know that that hurts you. But as for the info, do with it as you wish.
First I do hope the league comes back, but only if they are operating on budgets that are sustainable. Only the regional leagues have seemed to figure out what it takes to hang around in this bad economy, so I'm not holding my breath that the CBA is ready to get serious about sustainability.

If they start talking league fees even as high as the IBL I'm personally just going to tune them out.

My guess would be the CBA never wanted to go away forever and there has always been talk about finding a way to get back into pro basketball. I'm not tight with any of those guys so I'm really not privy to any of those conversations.

As to your predictions or inside info it is completely legit for people to ask you for a source and completely reasonable for people to dismiss your claim of knowing something (when you don't provide any info). Even if the CBA does come back I don't think that would come to a shock to anyone, and it also doesn't prove you knew anything (because you haven't provided any evidence that you do).

Again, I truly hope they do come back, but for now your remarks get filed away with those annoying preachers and crazy people that tell us the apocalypse is coming.
  #6   IP: 71.43.66.238
Old 06-19-2009, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minorleagfan09 View Post
First I do hope the league comes back, but only if they are operating on budgets that are sustainable. Only the regional leagues have seemed to figure out what it takes to hang around in this bad economy, so I'm not holding my breath that the CBA is ready to get serious about sustainability.

If they start talking league fees even as high as the IBL I'm personally just going to tune them out.

My guess would be the CBA never wanted to go away forever and there has always been talk about finding a way to get back into pro basketball. I'm not tight with any of those guys so I'm really not privy to any of those conversations.

As to your predictions or inside info it is completely legit for people to ask you for a source and completely reasonable for people to dismiss your claim of knowing something (when you don't provide any info). Even if the CBA does come back I don't think that would come to a shock to anyone, and it also doesn't prove you knew anything (because you haven't provided any evidence that you do).

Again, I truly hope they do come back, but for now your remarks get filed away with those annoying preachers and crazy people that tell us the apocalypse is coming.
My thoughts exactly...just like the PBL had no interest in the Florida Flight, right?

www.flighthoops.com/6-15-09

"What do your daily actions say about the pursuit of your dreams?"

"Our Dreams are the roadmap that God uses to get us to where He intends for us to be!"

"When I stand before God at the end of my life
I would hope that I would have not a single bit of talent left and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'"

"Delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart."
--- Psalm 37:4
  #7   IP: 72.95.234.44
Old 06-19-2009, 12:15 PM

Typical response, BF. I also would like to see the CBA return, though, while I am cautious. I think Minorleaguefan is right on.
  #8   IP: 72.95.234.44
Old 06-19-2009, 12:53 PM

I should add that I think it will be a little harder to bring the league back now that DT is now with the PBL, where I feel the remaining teams should consider joining. Remember, the condition that the CBA return was that the current teams find one new team each to bring in. We should know the odds of that happening.
  #9   IP: 71.244.247.140
Old 06-19-2009, 01:16 PM

The PBL does not have any interest in the Florida Flight joining the league.
  #10   IP: 71.43.66.238
Old 06-19-2009, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketball facts View Post
The PBL does not have any interest in the Florida Flight joining the league.
...says the fake wizard behind the curtain!

"What do your daily actions say about the pursuit of your dreams?"

"Our Dreams are the roadmap that God uses to get us to where He intends for us to be!"

"When I stand before God at the end of my life
I would hope that I would have not a single bit of talent left and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'"

"Delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart."
--- Psalm 37:4