OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   IP: 71.244.247.140
Old 06-19-2009, 11:17 AM
basketball facts basketball facts is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 256
Default CBA lives

CBA is not closing it's doors. The CBA will be back this year. Look for official news in the next two weeks.
Reply With Quote
  #2   IP: 74.199.127.100
Old 06-19-2009, 11:21 AM
tops804 tops804 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,613
Default

Hope your correct.

The question remains, could this league ever be truly
"continental", or close to it?

I still want to see about 12 teams in two divisions (East and West)
__________________
Adios, OSC message boards. (2007-2017)
Reply With Quote
  #3   IP: 72.95.234.44
Old 06-19-2009, 11:30 AM
psbf psbf is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,884
Default

You know that I'm going to ask you for your source. You're crazy if you think I'm going to take your word for it.
Reply With Quote
  #4   IP: 71.244.247.140
Old 06-19-2009, 11:51 AM
basketball facts basketball facts is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 256
Default

I really don't care what you do. I telling you what is going to happen. Do with it what you wish. I really do not think that Jaren Jackson will be involved, so I know that that hurts you. But as for the info, do with it as you wish.
Reply With Quote
  #5   IP: 173.29.192.240
Old 06-19-2009, 12:03 PM
minorleagfan09 minorleagfan09 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketball facts View Post
I really don't care what you do. I telling you what is going to happen. Do with it what you wish. I really do not think that Jaren Jackson will be involved, so I know that that hurts you. But as for the info, do with it as you wish.
First I do hope the league comes back, but only if they are operating on budgets that are sustainable. Only the regional leagues have seemed to figure out what it takes to hang around in this bad economy, so I'm not holding my breath that the CBA is ready to get serious about sustainability.

If they start talking league fees even as high as the IBL I'm personally just going to tune them out.

My guess would be the CBA never wanted to go away forever and there has always been talk about finding a way to get back into pro basketball. I'm not tight with any of those guys so I'm really not privy to any of those conversations.

As to your predictions or inside info it is completely legit for people to ask you for a source and completely reasonable for people to dismiss your claim of knowing something (when you don't provide any info). Even if the CBA does come back I don't think that would come to a shock to anyone, and it also doesn't prove you knew anything (because you haven't provided any evidence that you do).

Again, I truly hope they do come back, but for now your remarks get filed away with those annoying preachers and crazy people that tell us the apocalypse is coming.
Reply With Quote
  #6   IP: 71.43.66.238
Old 06-19-2009, 12:13 PM
zeke41's Avatar
zeke41 zeke41 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by minorleagfan09 View Post
First I do hope the league comes back, but only if they are operating on budgets that are sustainable. Only the regional leagues have seemed to figure out what it takes to hang around in this bad economy, so I'm not holding my breath that the CBA is ready to get serious about sustainability.

If they start talking league fees even as high as the IBL I'm personally just going to tune them out.

My guess would be the CBA never wanted to go away forever and there has always been talk about finding a way to get back into pro basketball. I'm not tight with any of those guys so I'm really not privy to any of those conversations.

As to your predictions or inside info it is completely legit for people to ask you for a source and completely reasonable for people to dismiss your claim of knowing something (when you don't provide any info). Even if the CBA does come back I don't think that would come to a shock to anyone, and it also doesn't prove you knew anything (because you haven't provided any evidence that you do).

Again, I truly hope they do come back, but for now your remarks get filed away with those annoying preachers and crazy people that tell us the apocalypse is coming.
My thoughts exactly...just like the PBL had no interest in the Florida Flight, right?

www.flighthoops.com/6-15-09
__________________
www.thecrossoverbasketball.com
www.flighthoops.com
www.iamsecond.com

"What do your daily actions say about the pursuit of your dreams?"

"Our Dreams are the roadmap that God uses to get us to where He intends for us to be!"

"When I stand before God at the end of my life
I would hope that I would have not a single bit of talent left and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'"

"Delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart."
--- Psalm 37:4
Reply With Quote
  #7   IP: 72.95.234.44
Old 06-19-2009, 12:15 PM
psbf psbf is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,884
Default

Typical response, BF. I also would like to see the CBA return, though, while I am cautious. I think Minorleaguefan is right on.
Reply With Quote
  #8   IP: 72.95.234.44
Old 06-19-2009, 12:53 PM
psbf psbf is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,884
Default

I should add that I think it will be a little harder to bring the league back now that DT is now with the PBL, where I feel the remaining teams should consider joining. Remember, the condition that the CBA return was that the current teams find one new team each to bring in. We should know the odds of that happening.
Reply With Quote
  #9   IP: 71.244.247.140
Old 06-19-2009, 01:16 PM
basketball facts basketball facts is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 256
Default

The PBL does not have any interest in the Florida Flight joining the league.
Reply With Quote
  #10   IP: 71.43.66.238
Old 06-19-2009, 01:19 PM
zeke41's Avatar
zeke41 zeke41 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketball facts View Post
The PBL does not have any interest in the Florida Flight joining the league.
...says the fake wizard behind the curtain!
__________________
www.thecrossoverbasketball.com
www.flighthoops.com
www.iamsecond.com

"What do your daily actions say about the pursuit of your dreams?"

"Our Dreams are the roadmap that God uses to get us to where He intends for us to be!"

"When I stand before God at the end of my life
I would hope that I would have not a single bit of talent left and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'"

"Delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart."
--- Psalm 37:4
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Hapening ImgHappening Now