OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports

#11   IP: 24.148.96.122
Old 12-18-2008, 03:09 PM

If Monte O'Quinn isn't any good, Minot will get him off the roster pretty quick. That hasn't been a problem up there in the past.
  #12   IP: 165.139.36.250
Old 12-19-2008, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by panchess View Post
If Monte O'Quinn isn't any good, Minot will get him off the roster pretty quick. That hasn't been a problem up there in the past.
Monte O'Quinn certainly didn't last long with the USBL Gary Steelheads and he only lasted the pre-season with the IBL Gary Steelheads. He's a big wide body though...but he does collect a lot of fouls.
  #13   IP: 216.221.101.193
Old 12-27-2008, 01:18 PM

Default Kenny has all of the answers, all of the time (he thinks).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken, Steelheads fan View Post
I don't think the ABA opponents have anything to do with attendance. Attendance is down as a sign of the times. What are minor league hoops teams doing differently to bring-in fans?!? Ponder that question. Also, weather isn't a factor. Everyone knew there would be sub-zero temperatures in Minot before this franchise was purchased from Apex. Personally, I think the Skyrockets should have been allowed to die on the vine. Wasn't anything learned from Minot's IBA experience?

Weather isn't a factor?? Even hardy North Dakotans rarely venture out when its deathly cold outside. As in -40* windchills.... like die from exposure if you get stuck or stranded. As others have stated, the crowds weren't bad considering the Wed. tip-off and the horrendous chilly conditions. Have you ever been to ND Mr. Kenny?? How do you know so much?? Minot had a nice crowd last night and it'll only get better. This ABA stuff is a different breed but it's fast and furious. Ticket-buyers have been entertained in Minot thus far and the owners and volunteers seem to be making a nice effort to keep pro ball in town. What was there to learn from the so-called ''IBA experience''? Nothing bad surely....... only that Minot likes and supports pro ball and that it's a viable basketball community regardless of the league.

Kenny, I really miss your little lover's spats with Daleo....... why don't you go find him and stay away from the PC for awhile.
  #14   IP: 165.139.36.250
Old 01-05-2009, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinUpHere View Post
Weather isn't a factor?? Even hardy North Dakotans rarely venture out when its deathly cold outside. As in -40* windchills.... like die from exposure if you get stuck or stranded. As others have stated, the crowds weren't bad considering the Wed. tip-off and the horrendous chilly conditions. Have you ever been to ND Mr. Kenny?? How do you know so much?? Minot had a nice crowd last night and it'll only get better. This ABA stuff is a different breed but it's fast and furious. Ticket-buyers have been entertained in Minot thus far and the owners and volunteers seem to be making a nice effort to keep pro ball in town. What was there to learn from the so-called ''IBA experience''? Nothing bad surely....... only that Minot likes and supports pro ball and that it's a viable basketball community regardless of the league.

Kenny, I really miss your little lover's spats with Daleo....... why don't you go find him and stay away from the PC for awhile.
Have I ever been to North Dakota?!? No. I haven't been to South Dakota either. Doesn't stop me from understanding that some of the coldest mean temperatures in the continental United States can be found there. Brutal weather should have been anticipated long before bringing a franchise to town.

Viable basketball community regardless of the league?!? Maybe, but I have my doubts. The IBA and Apex experiences were red flags.