OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports

#1   IP: 171.161.160.10
Old 07-28-2016, 03:52 PM

Send a message via AIM to coachingubigr
Default The future of the ADL

I hate to be a Debbie Downer but the ADL will probably fail too. Just saying.
  #2   IP: 108.198.225.18
Old 08-01-2016, 04:07 PM

Coach, while I simply like to see people at the least give the effort you are probably correct.

They received a league thread [forum] pretty quick, just because you can run a team doesn't automatically transfer to building a league, I have already pointed out some possible red flags on this in another thread.

But good luck to them, I noticed in the franchise weekly report that two other indoor leagues were mentioned. This was also covered in the thread I left in another post its not as simple as just naming and whatever else the league state, and it doesn't have to show its business plan on its website but you can get a pretty good idea from the mission statement which will feature some of the basic concepts held within the business operation and plans.

Last edited by suge night; 08-01-2016 at 07:08 PM.
  #3   IP: 24.214.26.250
Old 08-16-2016, 09:46 PM

I like to see them giving it a try, after the ridiculous AIF season. Only four teams so far. Who else might they get to get a full league started?
  #4   IP: 24.214.26.250
Old 08-26-2016, 08:32 PM

Default No Confidence

The Lions are trying to begin selling season tickets. As much as I hope things will go well for the ADL, I just don't see any evidence that there will be any games played this spring. Two two-team divisions just don't make a league. I'm afraid I'll be out my pre-paid funds once the league fails to produce a single game.
  #5   IP: 108.198.225.18
Old 08-26-2016, 11:09 PM

I'm pretty sure they will play but the question of just how many or what the number of teams will be probably won't be answered for a minute so to speak.

I've heard a few things of which on this message board I can't speak of but there are more teams than their website shows, as for the Loins selling season tickets already its because they have a general idea where there games will come from and who they can schedule for this first year attempt.

There will have to be some adjustment in the layout of league in order for a second season to happen if things stay as I've understood them to be.

As I have stated before running a team doesn't mean you can structure a league but an initial season looks like a go.
  #6   IP: 108.198.225.18
Old 08-28-2016, 10:42 AM

And now for something completely different- The old Monty Python opening

NASCAR is a great opportunity for the High Country Grizzlies organization and our sponsors to increase our presence in the area and nationwide,” Team Owner Donald Thompson explained. “Race fans are football fans, and this will allow them the chance to learn about the Grizzlies and the Arena Developmental League. We are very happy to have a driver the caliber of Cody McMahan to represent us. Being from our local area, it will help tighten the bond with our fans and race fans.

This short excerpt from the release is interesting from the standpoint of a new indoor football team being a major sponsor of a racing team, now I get the idea they plan on getting sponsors by pitching an added value, what could be more value added than a racing team where simply cranking up the thing cost money.

There are rules to thinking out of the box- (Figure Out The Box You're In) If you try to get out before you understand the Box's parameters, you'll just remain inside of the box, and that's exactly what the box wants.

P.S. The possibility of bleeding Red Ink from two sources could equal a very poor outcome.

Last edited by suge night; 08-28-2016 at 10:54 AM.