OSC

OSC message Boards

As the home for independent and minor league sports, OurSports Central's message boards are the perfect place to discuss your favorite teams and leagues with other fans, players and team and league administrators. Our boards cover all the leagues represented on OSC including independent and minor league baseball, indoor and Arena football, outdoor and indoor lacrosse, mens and womens basketball, junior and minor league hockey, outdoor and indoor soccer and more. Before posting for the first time, please consult our FAQ. Contact us with any questions.

OurSports Central independent and minor league sports

#1   IP: 76.253.109.182
Old 02-14-2010, 02:32 PM

Default West Michigan ThunderHawks 2010

Time for a dedicated thread on the team, seeing as at least a couple of us were beginning to discuss the team specifically.

A roster is now up on the site, as are some photos from training camp. Looks like their webmaster has been busy this weekend!

www.westmichiganthunderhawks.com
  #2   IP: 67.176.166.46
Old 02-14-2010, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newiflfan View Post
Time for a dedicated thread on the team, seeing as at least a couple of us were beginning to discuss the team specifically.

A roster is now up on the site, as are some photos from training camp. Looks like their webmaster has been busy this weekend!

www.westmichiganthunderhawks.com
Nice updates to the site. There are some good football players on the roster. I am looking forward for more updates and also the start of the season.
  #3   IP: 76.253.109.182
Old 02-14-2010, 05:17 PM

Now that the ThunderHawks have a year in the IFL under their belts, it'll be interesting to see how they've adapted to the league.

I heard an interesting stat recently-- the three CIFL teams that moved over to the IFL last year opened up the year 0-10 against their new IFL competition.
  #4   IP: 209.172.145.134
Old 02-15-2010, 12:33 PM

That is an interesting stat. From following the GLIAC I do recognize a few names on the roster and do know they are good football players. It will be interesting to see if Terry Foster can turn the talent into a good indoor football team. There were very few players signed when Terry Foster took over and in my opinion, he did a great job in a short period of time adding talent to the roster. Because of this I feel very strongly that he will turn the Thunderhawks into a playoff team this year.
  #5   IP: 76.253.109.182
Old 02-15-2010, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderhawkfan View Post
That is an interesting stat. From following the GLIAC I do recognize a few names on the roster and do know they are good football players. It will be interesting to see if Terry Foster can turn the talent into a good indoor football team. There were very few players signed when Terry Foster took over and in my opinion, he did a great job in a short period of time adding talent to the roster. Because of this I feel very strongly that he will turn the Thunderhawks into a playoff team this year.

A playoff run would be HUGE for the team as they try to establish themselves in the new city.

When the Rampage were winning, they drew really well. After season after season of losing records, not so much. West Michigan fans have shown that they'll support a winner, so a competitive team will likely help to keep the fans coming.

Not sure about your feelings, thunderhawkfan, but I know I've got a bit of a stigma about the Deltaplex-- true or not, to me, it's always the second-rate events that take place there. I could see the venue possibly make some fans leery of the team.

It totally makes sense to me why they are going to play there, though-- the size is perfect for them right now, and rent is probably much better less than at the Van Andel. Hopefully there aren't many people out there who find that they pooh-pooh the Deltaplex, like I tend to.
  #6   IP: 67.176.166.46
Old 02-15-2010, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newiflfan View Post
A playoff run would be HUGE for the team as they try to establish themselves in the new city.

When the Rampage were winning, they drew really well. After season after season of losing records, not so much. West Michigan fans have shown that they'll support a winner, so a competitive team will likely help to keep the fans coming.

Not sure about your feelings, thunderhawkfan, but I know I've got a bit of a stigma about the Deltaplex-- true or not, to me, it's always the second-rate events that take place there. I could see the venue possibly make some fans leery of the team.

It totally makes sense to me why they are going to play there, though-- the size is perfect for them right now, and rent is probably much better less than at the Van Andel. Hopefully there aren't many people out there who find that they pooh-pooh the Deltaplex, like I tend to.
Never been to an event at either place. I am planning on attending opening night. Maybe because I have not been to either the Deltaplex will be just fine for me.

Tags
ifl, thunderhawks, west michigan