View Single Post
  #1   IP: 64.136.27.162
Old 06-28-2013, 03:50 AM

Unhappy Cannot say I am completely surprised

It has been made official that the Washington Stealth has been relocated to Langley, BC to become the Vancouver Stealth. The official statements cited a failure to grow a fan base and obtain more sponsors in the time they were here in Everett. Seeing the Stealth here the last few years, I can say that the move does not surprise me. As time has gone on, mentions of the Stealth both in the press and in sports discussions among people has gradually decreased despite the team's success. This is probably due to increased interest in the Seahawks and Sounders success, and the near obsession with trying to get an NBA team back in the Seattle area. Also, the location here in Everett was not all that conducive to building a fan base. The city may be only 20-some miles north of Seattle, but I am guessing not that many in the Seattle area wanted to make the trip. As for sponsors, they probably wanted to attach themselves to teams that they deemed more recognizable to the casual sports fan causing the sponsorship dollars to remain in a holding pattern. All this leading to that fateful decision to relocate and adding one more failure to Everett's sports team record. Well, there are always the Aquasox and Silvertips, for now at least.