View Single Post
  #64   IP: 206.53.153.122
Old 03-30-2009, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbballfan View Post
The Grizzlies aren't moving any time soon, they are in 1 heck of a contract with the city... they can't leave for another 4 years, and after that they can only leave if tickets drop below a certain point, which the city has the option to buy up enough tickets to keep them above the point, and even if the team is sold the city has the option to find a local buyer to match the bid....

I've heard a rumor that the Bobcats/Blazers are working on something, where the owner of the Blazers (who owns the Seahawks) would sell the Blazers and buy the Bobcats and move the bobcats to Seattle.... or equivalent to...

Everybody thinks that the Bucks are going to move but I don't see it happening, as long as U.S. Senator Kohl owns the Bucks they are staying in Wisconsin....

New Orleans I think is stuck there for a few more years as I am pretty sure that they will surpass there ticket number this year... meaning that they have to stay for I think atleast 3 more years....

I have been surprised that Seattle is such a hot market or rumored to be one... Kansas City has a new Arena, Vegas has a nice arena.... both are pretty darn good markets....

Maybe Kansas City gets a D-League team to show that they can support basketball? sometime soon?
Sacramento and Memphis are in major trouble, the NBA took out a loan to help those teams make payroll. I'd expect one of those teams (along with Charlotte) to be the most likely to re-locate. New Orleans had an out clause this year but I believe the team exceeded the attendance requirements that triggered the out clause.