OurSports Central Independent and Minor League Sports Forums

OurSports Central Independent and Minor League Sports Forums (//www.oursportscentral.com/boards/index.php)
-   CBA (//www.oursportscentral.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   A league promise (//www.oursportscentral.com/boards/showthread.php?t=5045)

psbf 03-05-2007 11:35 AM

A league promise

When the Xplosion joined this league, we were awarded the All-Star game in Pittsburgh for next year. I still have that article, from before the season. I read the article in today's Yakama Herald about that city being given the event, with no reason given. This makes me wonder if it is actually true, since the All-Star game represents a committment to that city. I don't know where the Herald collected facts, but if true, it means that the CBA has broken their promise to Pittsburgh and I can only hope that the story is false or they award another for the following season. Before the fans of Yakama celebrate, I would advise them to investigate the story first. If true, I would consider this to be robbery to us here in Pittsburgh.

kg21obf 03-05-2007 11:47 AM

I was at the game, and one of the owners announced it. Maybe it is an attempt by the league to keep Yakima from jumping to the d-league. I can't imagine that would be incentive stay.

Ken, Steelheads fan 03-05-2007 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psbf (Post 36505)
When the Xplosion joined this league, we were awarded the All-Star game in Pittsburgh for next year. I still have that article, from before the season. I read the article in today's Yakama Herald about that city being given the event, with no reason given. This makes me wonder if it is actually true, since the All-Star game represents a committment to that city. I don't know where the Herald collected facts, but if true, it means that the CBA has broken their promise to Pittsburgh and I can only hope that the story is false or they award another for the following season. Before the fans of Yakama celebrate, I would advise them to investigate the story first. If true, I would consider this to be robbery to us here in Pittsburgh.

...or it may mean that Pittsburgh is not capable of hosting an all*star game. Remember what I said about Pittsburgh's ability to sell season tickets before July? Yeah, yeah I know I don't live in Pittsburgh, but there have been several Pittsburghs in the midwest recently...including Fort Wayne. Remember Gary before the 2006 CBA season? They got a late start marketing (as late as after the first week of July) and they never really caught-up. Had there been continuous team operations, the Steelheads would be in the NBADL today (which may be a blessing in disguise).

We'll see if I have a clue or if you need to live in the Pittsburgh metro area to understand the situation there. ;)

psbf 03-05-2007 12:50 PM

I can relate

to that, kg, but they should have picked the following year. You said you were there when the owners announced it. I still don't hear anything about league involvement.

Typical response, Ken.:(

kg21obf 03-05-2007 03:51 PM

I dont think the owners of the soon to be CBA champion SunKings, would announce this info on a whim.

heavesrock 03-05-2007 06:21 PM

Yakima will host it next year and Pitt the year after that

psbf 03-05-2007 06:47 PM

It's official

I contacted the league about it. Pittsburgh will be hosting the following year so they can add more events to it. Yakama has it in 08.

Juicemann13 03-05-2007 07:04 PM

Not to start anything...but maybe they didnt want to award it to them {X} because of their record. Maybe they are moving to a different league, you jsut dont know until its published by the CBA.

kg you from Yakama?

psbf 03-05-2007 07:20 PM

Read above

Juicemann13, you should have read what I posted above before you posted. YOur recent post is nonsense. The X are improving and you are just an example of posters who have not noticed, unfortunately:(

Juicemann13 03-05-2007 08:33 PM

I'm sorry I haven't noticed. But I did read your post.

I'm ignorant. I look at the standings, and they are just NOW reaching what the Utah Eagles had when they stop their company. 6 wins.

Can you blame me for making a post, thats obviously my opinion. I may not be welcomed here, and I'll leave once I have been banned or whatever, but to say my posts are nonsense is harsh.

What did you want me to talk about. Talk about their shotty web page, and post everything they can on one page and make it a scrolling contest to see how many finger-scrolls it takes to reach the bottom? Or do I talk about how Pittsburgh is a huge enough city that is should have its own team in the NBA?

Let the Flaming BEGIN!!!

Whatever though. I'm just rooting for my Kings!