OurSports Central Independent and Minor League Sports Forums

OurSports Central Independent and Minor League Sports Forums (//www.oursportscentral.com/boards/index.php)
-   IBL (//www.oursportscentral.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   IBL games well done (//www.oursportscentral.com/boards/showthread.php?t=17071)

not so fast 04-04-2010 09:53 PM

IBL games well done

The IBL games this weekend at Kankakee were well played and it appears that the league is doing some things well.

The kankakee Soldiers hosted the weekend event at their new Sports complex and it was a good turnout of teams, coaches, and fans.

There were three referees for each game, announcers, music, scorekeepers concession stands etc.... well organized.

I only wish they could find a way to pay the players and coaches. It would be a really strong league if they could come up with sponsorship for player salaries.

One thing, they seem to have some staying power.

MJHankel 04-04-2010 11:12 PM

So, why did they move out of the Kankakee Community Resource Center?

one way 04-05-2010 07:42 AM

I attended an eigth grade tournament this weekend. Same thing, well run with refs and everything. Funny, they did not pay the players or coaches either. IBL is not a pro league. People volunteer to play

not so fast 04-05-2010 09:04 AM

The Kankakee resourse center was in a rough part of Kankakee. Some potential fans and season ticket owners were reluctant to go there but openly supported going to the New Sports Complex.

I agree with One Way, when you don't pay players and coaches, it does bear a resemblence to aau or something of that nature.

Can we find one rich guy who loves basketball and will fund an entire league? Whats Bill Gates passion? Maybe Jack Nicholson? better yet, R. Kelly the singer, he loves to play, he can be a player owner, If it works in the wba, it can work in the ibl.