OurSports Central Independent and Minor League Sports Forums

OurSports Central Independent and Minor League Sports Forums (//www.oursportscentral.com/boards/index.php)
-   AtL (//www.oursportscentral.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Future of the Atlantic League... (//www.oursportscentral.com/boards/showthread.php?t=15781)

ca 10-01-2010 10:29 PM

if the atl loses ...

newark this may explain why they want fredrick but what happen to the keys if the atl gets their pk ?

beatman10 10-02-2010 07:52 AM

I will continue to support the Newark Bears

regardless if they stay in the Atlantic League or move to the Can Am League. Bur, really, if there isn't better media coverage, and a better job of promoting and advertising the team, then things won't get any better. If the organization wants to turn it around, they need to start NOW, and not 3 weeks before the season begins. With the bad economy, families have to plan well in advance which activities they will spend money on. Start advertising your 2011 ticket plans and new merchandise in November just in time for the Christmas season. Let the fans know YOU ARE THERE! I think a lot of people still think the team has folded after the 2008 season since the Star Ledger did such a "wonderful" job of reporting of the team's demise. And why they STILL don't cover the team is a mystery to me.

jidyfan 10-02-2010 03:49 PM

I'm sure they will start marketing their team once they find out if they are allowed in the Can-Am league.

GoCyclones! 10-02-2010 11:12 PM

Talk of the Newark Bears was a popular topic here at Harbor Yard tonight. One guy mentioned to me he heard the Bears would be leaving for the Can-Am after next season, replacing the Sussex Skyhawks. I guess we'll have an answer at the end of this week as I think they'll have their meetings this week.

GoCyclones! 10-03-2010 08:07 AM

I agree with Beatman. I'll continue to support the team. I love the Atlantic League but Can Am is good baseball too. And it's better than the alternative of having the stadium sit empty. I wonder why the Star Ledger doesn't cover the Bears at all. They should support positive things in the city.

jidyfan 10-06-2010 04:24 PM

Bears go to Can-Am

It's official. The Newark Bears have moved to the Can-Am league.
http://www.atlanticleague.com/cgi-bi...?id=1286391799

jidyfan 10-06-2010 04:41 PM

In addition to the Bears leaving, Ryan Dunleavy wrote this in an article on the Bears:

If the Can-Am League approves the addition of the Bears, Boulton said the Road Warriors an Atlantic League-operated traveling farm franchise will be reinstated and the 140-game schedule will be reduced to 126 games for the 2011 season. That was the exact set-up from 2002-04 and 2006-07.

park city 9 10-06-2010 05:34 PM

so the road warrior will be in the liberty division?

LaVidaLoca 10-07-2010 10:31 AM

So who will the Atl League add? They won't play with 7 teams. Or will they lose another team? They have something in the works...we'll see in the next 2 weeks who it is or isn't. CanAm still 4th or 5th in Indy ball but this helps them.

DCAbloob 10-07-2010 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaVidaLoca (Post 143837)
So who will the Atl League add? They won't play with 7 teams. Or will they lose another team? They have something in the works...we'll see in the next 2 weeks who it is or isn't. CanAm still 4th or 5th in Indy ball but this helps them.

Jidyfan already has the answer to that one, a league owned travel team called the Road Warriors will be set up to fill the eighth slot.