OurSports Central Independent and Minor League Sports Forums

OurSports Central Independent and Minor League Sports Forums (//www.oursportscentral.com/boards/index.php)
-   AtL (//www.oursportscentral.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Future of the Atlantic League... (//www.oursportscentral.com/boards/showthread.php?t=15781)

park city 9 09-21-2010 06:51 PM

louden hounds

not bad uniforms. the puppy dog needs to be a little meaner though.

jidyfan 09-21-2010 07:29 PM

The LOUDON HOUNDS are here. Here is a link to their press release.
http://www.loudounhounds.com/unleashthehounds.php

Here is a link to their web site.
http://www.loudounhounds.com/

toad455 09-21-2010 10:16 PM

anyone else know anything about this potential team in Rockville, Maryland?? Opening Day Partners are looking to build a stadium there. Could they be ready by 2012 as well??

www.openingdaypartners.com

HeadFirst 09-21-2010 11:09 PM

Future AtL Expansion

Quote:

Originally Posted by toad455 (Post 143271)
anyone else know anything about this potential team in Rockville, Maryland?? Opening Day Partners are looking to build a stadium there. Could they be ready by 2012 as well??

www.openingdaypartners.com

The Atlantic League would like to have a franchise in Maryland markets Montgomery County or Columbia, but that would not be in time for 2012.

Loudoun is coming in to the AtL with Sugar Land, Texas.

HeadFirst 09-21-2010 11:11 PM

No Mean Dogs

Quote:

Originally Posted by park city 9 (Post 143266)
not bad uniforms. the puppy dog needs to be a little meaner though.

We deliberately designed him to be mischievous, cunning, devious, and deliberately not mean-looking.

GoCyclones! 09-22-2010 06:48 AM

I like it! I like the name, the logo. I could imagine the crowd howling to get a rally going. Good job!

And Toad, I believe regarding Montgomery Co., MD at this stage it's only a proposal. I admire the work of ODP and a Brooks Robinson facility with it sounds interesting and promising but that's still a ways away. Even if everything were accepted and approved this morning, they wouldn't be ready for 2012.

Also don't forget, they say in Yonkers, NY this River Park Center with a rooftop stadium for an Atlantic League team will get built. Groundbreaking expected for Spring 2011. That won't be ready before 2013 though.

jidyfan 09-23-2010 03:58 PM

Strong rumor circulating that Frank Boulton has just about completed a deal to sell controlling interest of the Ducks to Seth Waugh. Waugh joined the Ducks this year as a minority shareholder.

Seth is Chairman of the Deutsche Bank Securities Inc. (DBSI) Board of Directors and serves as Chairman of the Board, CEO and President of several Deutsche Bank companies including Deutsche Bank Trust Company Americas and Deutsche Bank Trust Corporation. He will supposedly be a silent partner with the Ducks.

It must have been quite an offer from Waugh for Boulton to give up his moneymaker team.

GoCyclones! 09-23-2010 10:39 PM

Yeah, I heard about that. I think they talked about that at the beginning of the season. But I believe he still owns more than 50 percent of the team. This is his quote about it:

I took on a partner, (Deutsche Bank Americas CEO) Seth Waugh. He is a part owner who is going to be involved (but) I still control more than 50 percent of this team.

Im just a busy guy. What it means is there was an opportunity for me to take on a really strong partner. He can be a good partner just in his connections alone.

This Bridgeport team is looking pretty unbeatable right about now! They might not lose a game at all this postseason.

jidyfan 09-24-2010 06:40 AM

Yeah, that was at the beginning of the season but the latest word is that he is giving up controlling interest in the Ducks to Waugh because he is looking to go to other areas. He is interested in developing another team in New England or possibly getting in on the Texas expansion. It also was said that Buddy has sold most of his interest in the team and he will be staying on as a salaried employee.

GoCyclones! 09-24-2010 10:24 AM

Interesting. Thanks for the info. I was up late one night really thoroughly looking at the whole New England area, I couldn't really come up with a suitable place to put a ballpark. It seems pretty saturated to me. The Boston area would be ideal but there are teams to the north, south and west in Worcester, Brockton and Lowell to compete with, plus Pawtucket is down the road. Springfield, MA maybe but its in the Hartford area, which has a team, and is a pretty depressed city. Not sure if they'd fund a new park. There were the old rumors of Danbury, CT but no news has come out of there for a couple years plus 35 miles from Troy. I think Stamford, CT would do well but would probably adversely affect the Bridgeport crowd. I can't see a place in NH, VT, RI or ME that would work well. Who knows? Who wouldve thought a park in Camden, NJ would've done well!

That Texas expansion seems to be a new gold rush. Someone shared with me recently how they got to talk to Gary Gaetti at a game one day as he was watching his son play for Lancaster, and he was talking about getting involved in one of the Texas teams as well. I like that they getting former big leaguers involved. It adds more credibilty compared to some of those stories you hear out west.