OurSports Central Independent and Minor League Sports Forums

OurSports Central Independent and Minor League Sports Forums (//www.oursportscentral.com/boards/index.php)
-   CBA (//www.oursportscentral.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   CBA ceases operations.....??? (//www.oursportscentral.com/boards/showthread.php?t=13694)

PikevilleOT 02-01-2009 07:20 PM

CBA ceases operations.....???

say it ain't so that a once proud league has ceased operations????

what is everyone hearing out there? it sounds like this weekend's games will be the last.

pikevilleout 02-01-2009 07:26 PM

I have heard also from a source that the C.B.A. will announce tomorrow that the season will be over...No real legit reason why though, also IF their is a season next year sounds like there may be no East Ky. Miners...Lets keep our fingers crossed that the front office of the Miners keep us going. Sad time for all C.B.A. fans...:(

PikevilleOT 02-01-2009 07:45 PM

any other cities hearing anything about this?

Albany?
Minot?
Lawton?

panchess 02-01-2009 08:15 PM

The Patroons owner said over the weekend the team would finish the season and they were looking for ways to keep it going.

PikevilleOT 02-01-2009 08:24 PM

then Coyne might want to let someone know something fast before players leave for other leagues to pursue other playing options.

I sincerely doubt that the Patroons can keep it going if another teams drops out though and that is the word floating around out there.

DakotaWiz 02-01-2009 08:33 PM

hmmm

Is there a link?

pikevilleout 02-01-2009 09:31 PM

No link

Nothing as of yet...It wouldn't bother me one bit to be proved wrong, actually I hope I do get proved wrong, I want to see the C.B.A. resolve the issues they are having and we get these games played and there is a successful season.

DW clean your box...LOL...:)

basketball talk 02-01-2009 09:34 PM

The CBA is not ceasing operations.( The league will continue to operate during the off-season as well as next season) The league has decided as a whole to shorten the season and play the championship series at the end of this week. Albany/Oklahoma

All teams are expected to return next season including the East Kentucky Miners. Expect at least 7 franchises to join the CBA for next season.

I expect Albany to win big over Oklahoma

Final Standings:
1. Albany P. 13-6
2. E.Kentucky 10-7
3. Lawton Ft.Sill 11-1
4. Minot S. 6-9

pikevilleout 02-01-2009 09:37 PM

Man I hope your right...I would love to see nothing more than to see the Miners back and to see the CBA stay strong...:)

PikevilleOT 02-01-2009 09:39 PM

next question... what happens with season ticket holders?? prorated refunds??

this is gonna be messy....