OurSports Central Independent and Minor League Sports Forums

OurSports Central Independent and Minor League Sports Forums (//www.oursportscentral.com/boards/index.php)
-   CBA (//www.oursportscentral.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   the Xplosion lives on??? (//www.oursportscentral.com/boards/showthread.php?t=13338)

PikevilleOT 12-30-2008 09:04 PM

the Xplosion lives on???

good to see that psbf has some help in keeping the Xplosion name going. The remaining CBA teams should have a message board also. I thought this might help psbf if I post a link:

http://users.boardnation.com/~pghx/index.php

Keep up the good work!

misenern 12-30-2008 10:11 PM

Hm. I must say, something seems a little fishy about some of those members.

psbf 12-30-2008 10:31 PM

Thanks, ot. I'm trying. The Xplosion Discussion board may not be around for the new year, so I'm taking it day to day.

Misenern, I know. I'm not sure what is going on, but I'm continuing with my promotions.

DakotaWiz 12-30-2008 10:51 PM

Wow. I wish all teams had such dedication. All 3 posters seem to really love the X. And some love ham loaf.
Interesting concepts.

psbf 12-30-2008 11:02 PM

Honestly, ot, when I read the title for your thread, I thought maybe you found an article revealing the Xplosion finding a new owner.

I really don't know what hamloaf is, DW, but they can have it(although I love Ham). I'm working on a new website to get online in my efforts to save the team.

PikevilleOT 12-31-2008 05:23 PM

I am sure the board members are doing a great job helping you in your efforts. I have enjoyed several of the posts as well. If they seem fishy, it might be from the lagoon of Gilligan's island.

psbf 12-31-2008 06:10 PM

I liked that show! The test will be whether the forum survives tonight, though. Let's hope!

TEN 01-01-2009 01:16 PM

My grandmother made the BEST hamloaf...Brings back good memories. BTW, can you let me know how I can order some? And in the process, help save the Xplosion!

The board also brings to mind one of the great unanswered questions of the 20th century: Why do the Skipper and Gilligan (who actually owned and operated the Minnow) only have the clothes they are wearing, while the Howells and Ginger (who were, remember, only on a three-hour cruise) have a full, and extensive, wardrobe.

I'd like to thank the Pittsburgh Xplosion for putting this vexing question, not to mention great tasting hamloaf, to the masses....Thanks PittCBA!

psbf 01-01-2009 01:52 PM

As far as the Hamloaf, you'll have to get on the X DB and talk to them about it, Ten.

As far as the show, I'm not a sailor and I've only been on a boat once(to my knowledge), but I am a fan of it. I can tell you that when you're preparing for a 3 hour tour, you bring what you feel are neccesities. Obviously some have more than others. I'm guessing that's what the writters thought too.

misenern 01-01-2009 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PikevilleOT (Post 107169)
I am sure the board members are doing a great job helping you in your efforts. I have enjoyed several of the posts as well. If they seem fishy, it might be from the lagoon of Gilligan's island.

That's probably true. It's just the lagoon.