OurSports Central Independent and Minor League Sports Forums

OurSports Central Independent and Minor League Sports Forums (//www.oursportscentral.com/boards/index.php)
-   AIF (//www.oursportscentral.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   AIFA Losing 4 Teams? (//www.oursportscentral.com/boards/showthread.php?t=12531)

chardale 09-24-2008 09:02 PM

AIFA Losing 4 Teams?

Arena problems out west with AZ as you already know and now NM, seems payment or LACK of might be the problem. And the HERO'S WILL NOT be back, I wonder why? Also 1 other team WILL NOT be back, can you figure out who it is? But they did pick up a team from the NE. Looks like the league will stay in place for 1 more year till some of the things dont go through. But I am willing to bet that they lose at least 1 more team before kick off, :infun:

exit322 09-25-2008 07:36 AM

At least, unlike a certain other league we know of, they have a running and functional (albeit not updated enough) website.

If the IFL can't, after a month, get a website functioning, I'm wondering about their ability to be a good league.

indoor fan 09-25-2008 01:38 PM

Wyoming should go to the IFL or be out in the cold.

phydeaux72 09-25-2008 02:46 PM

Here are Wyomings options:

1. Join af2 and let the horrendous operating budget kill their franchise.
2. Stay in the AIFA and let the horrendous travel bill kill their franchise.
3. Join the APFL. It's a small league, but travel cost would be a little better than what they had in the AIFA.
4. Throw together some kind of independent schedule for 2009 until they decide otherwise.
5. Join the IFL.

In any case, the longer they wait, the fewer choices they are going to have.

exit322 09-25-2008 04:53 PM

Wyoming's travel budget would be passable in the IFL, but still quite large. Probably wouldn't save as much as is being purported over the AIFA or AF2. I doubt the travel costs in the IFL would offset franchise cost differences between them and the AIFA.

preeths 09-26-2008 09:22 AM

What would be the franchise costs differences in the IFL compared to the AIFA? My guess is Wyoming would be able to do things just about the same as they always have regardless of their league affiliation.

exit322 09-26-2008 01:06 PM

Generally speaking...the IFL has one that'll be enforced.

Dan K 09-27-2008 12:56 PM

Will the Utah team be back in 2009? I noticed that Utah is not listed as the Saints on the AIFA web site.

chardale 09-27-2008 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan K (Post 100986)
Will the Utah team be back in 2009? I noticed that Utah is not listed as the Saints on the AIFA web site.

That team was a SEMI PRO joke in the league, part of the bad rap the AIFA has for allowing teams like that play. The Stinkrays was the other, :infun:

utahstarsticketholder 09-28-2008 02:16 AM

Dan K

There are rumors of a team in Orem but no annoucement. The same deal as last years' Utah Aints...er Saints.
No money, no press, no promotion, just a guy wasting his cash to play just one more game! But hey it was his own money so who cares , right? Just doesn't help this "league" promote themselves as professionals. Cheers, jack.