OurSports Central Independent and Minor League Sports Forums

OurSports Central Independent and Minor League Sports Forums (//www.oursportscentral.com/boards/index.php)
-   CBA (//www.oursportscentral.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Minor league basketball died July 9, 2008 (//www.oursportscentral.com/boards/showthread.php?t=11759)

a1sports 07-10-2008 07:15 AM

Minor league basketball died July 9, 2008

The CBA and ABA have been talking about interleague play. The CBA= the ABA, 2 rec leagues.

RIP minor league basketball

Only 2 pro leagues left in the USA,, the D-league and the PBL

FrontOffice 07-10-2008 09:02 AM

CBA owners voted that idea down

TheStandard 07-10-2008 11:30 AM

doing anything with the ABA spells DOOM.

formerlyknownasfells 07-10-2008 11:49 AM

So what is going on with the CBA right now? I haven't had much time at all to look into the state of the league with my move, running a Little League tournament and trying to stay sane.

Will they be around next year and with how many teams?

psbf 07-10-2008 12:03 PM

Believe it or not

you have not missed anything. If you know that Atlanta has become Augusta and switched to the PBL, that Albany is looking for more season ticket holders, that RGV is in debt of $70,000 to their Arena, that Yakima and the Montana teams will not be back and that the remaining teams include; the Xplosion, the Miners, the Skyrockets and the Cavalry, you are up to date.

bdyer 07-10-2008 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a1sports (Post 96256)
The CBA and ABA have been talking about interleague play. The CBA= the ABA, 2 rec leagues.

RIP minor league basketball

Only 2 pro leagues left in the USA,, the D-league and the PBL

I wouldn't even count the PBL at this point.

a1sports 07-10-2008 12:35 PM

The fact that the CBA and ABA even had discussions about interleague play shows the desperation the CBA is in. To even talk to Joe knowing what the world knows about him cries of desperation.

Also, the owners voted the idea down............for now.

There are maybe 5 CBA teams still breathing.

Call any of the semi-living CBA teams and they will tell you they have no idea if they are playing this season.

pikesville @ minot. really doesnt do anything for anyone.

formerlyknownasfells 07-10-2008 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a1sports (Post 96284)
The fact that the CBA and ABA even had discussions about interleague play shows the desperation the CBA is in. To even talk to Joe knowing what the world knows about him cries of desperation.

Also, the owners voted the idea down............for now.

There are maybe 5 CBA teams still breathing.

Call any of the semi-living CBA teams and they will tell you they have no idea if they are playing this season.

pikesville @ minot. really doesnt do anything for anyone.

At this point, I think it is a good idea just so the teams can play some games. We all know the leagues are in trouble, but the fact they could actually play some decent competition.

Just playing devil's advocate is all.

Chuck the Writer 07-10-2008 12:58 PM

Would not happen in a thousand years.

First off, do you really think that Demetrius Ford (Florida Pit Bulls) and Jay Fiedler (Indiana Alley Cats) would ever go back to the ABA? After all the poisoning and market-mucking Joe Newman did to them? After the hostile e-mails Joe sent to Demetrius about making Brutus look good? To then go back and be part of a media blitz by Joe about morality and seeing the error of their ways? Not a chance.

Add this - the CBA is part of USABasketball, and would not be participating in any interleague anything with a non-USAB league.

This is just another one of a1sports' fantasy posts. He cites no sources, he posts no links, it's just another one of his "I'm the best source for minor league information out there, I'm better than you, you're not as good as me, trust me for information" posts that have gotten stale like three-year-old Twinkies.

If he can't cite the source, you must consider the source.

zeke41 07-10-2008 01:03 PM

It looks like it is going to be a very, VERY interesting season next year. I hope all of my off-season hard work pays off somehow...man, I'm ready to GO! This is madness.