Zhukov Named USHL Goaltender of the Week
Today the USHL announced goaltender Maksim Zhukov has been named USHL Goaltender of the Week. Zhukov played in both Green Bay games over the weekend and performed well against two of the top teams in the USHL. He stopped 29 of 31 shots on Friday against the Waterloo Black Hawks before recording his third shutout of the season to lead the Gamblers to a 4-0 victory over the Chicago Steel on Saturday. The Vegas Golden Knights prospect now sports a 17-12-0-3 record to go along with a solid 2.38 GAA and .912 SV%. His GAA places him eighth among all USHL goaltenders while his SV% is good for 10th in the league. He is also tied for third in the USHL with his three shutouts. This is fifth time Zhukov has been named Goaltender of the Week in his career, including the third time this season, having previously won the award on Oct. 9 and Nov 27. The uncommitted goaltender is in his second USHL season and registered a 2.25 GAA and .913 SV% in 2016-17 before being selected in the fourth round, 96th overall by Vegas at the 2017 NHL Draft. Prior to his time in the USHL, Zhukov suited up for Lokomotiv-Yaroslavl in Russia.
United States Hockey League Stories from February 12, 2018
- Stars Weekly - Lincoln Stars
- Zhukov Named USHL Goaltender of the Week - Green Bay Gamblers
- Stampede's St. Ivany Named Defenseman of the Week - Sioux Falls Stampede
- USHL Names Players of the Week - Week 19 - USHL
- Drury Wins USHL Forward of the Week Award - Waterloo Black Hawks
- RoughRiders Head Coach Mark Carlson Nears 600 Wins - Cedar Rapids RoughRiders
- Jacks Offering BOGO Tickets for Valentine's Day Game - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Stars Launch the Lincoln Stars Foundation - Lincoln Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.