Yuengling Oktoberfest 2012 to be Held September 29 at PNG Field
CURVE, Pa. - Yuengling Oktoberfest 2012 is set to be held on Saturday, September 29 from 4-10 p.m. at Peoples Natural Gas Field in Altoona. The second annual event will feature live music, Yuengling draft beers, celebrity appearances, authentic German food, and much more on the field at the ballpark.
The party starts on the 29th at 4 p.m. when gates open to the public. A full selection of Yuengling beers including their seasonal Oktoberfest brew, legendary Traditional Lager, Light Lager, and Porter will be available to attendees. Regional music artists "Mr. Oktoberfest" Joe Maloy, Kevin Solecki, and the Grammy Award-winning Dick Tady Orchestra will entertain fans from their stage atop the baseball field's playing surface.
Also in attendance at Yuengling Oktoberfest 2012 will be a trio of special featured guests. Caroline Manzo, Albie Manzo, and Chris Manzo, stars of the hit television series Real Housewives of New Jersey will be on hand to sign autographs and take pictures with fans from 4-8 p.m. The Manzos' appearance is made possible by Sheetz and Forever Broadcasting and the family will be promoting BLK Water, a product of their company, which is sold at Sheetz locations throughout the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic.
While attendees take in the sights and sounds of the day, a bevy of authentic German cuisine items and beverages will be available from various locations on the field including beer hall-like tents in left field and a portion of the US Foods Picnic Pavilion down the left-field line.
Tickets for Yuengling Oktoberfest 2012 are on sale now and can be obtained for a special advanced-purchase price of $10 or for $15 at the door on the day of the event. The official Yuengling Oktoberfest 2012 T-Shirt will also be available for pre-purchase in a package with a ticket to the event for just $20 (the package will be $30 on the day of the event). Tickets and packages are available by calling the Curve at 877-99-CURVE, visiting www.AltoonaCurve.com, or stopping by the box office at Peoples Natural Gas Field. Attendees must be 21 years of age or older to enter.
Yuengling Oktoberfest 2012 is proudly presented by the Altoona Curve, Forever Broadcasting and their partners Yuengling, Cisney & O'Donnell, Stone Valley Construction, Brent Cogan Electric, G&G Auto, and The Fashion Exchange.
For more information on Yuengling Oktoberfest 2012, call toll-free: 877-99-CURVE.
Eastern League Stories from August 23, 2012
- Ruf, Friend Chase History in 7-6 Win over Erie - Reading Fightin Phils
- Portland Tops Binghamton in Slugfest - Portland Sea Dogs
- Welty Whacks Senators - Bowie Baysox
- Sea Dogs Run over B-Mets, 14-9 - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Trenton Slips By Aeros in Battle of Division Leaders - Akron RubberDucks
- Jose Bautista Homers Twice in Rehab Win - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Spearheads Shutout Win at Akron, 3-0 - Trenton Thunder
- Late Lead Slips Away in Series Opener - Erie SeaWolves
- Curve Keep on Rolling with Fourth Straight Win - Altoona Curve
- Squirrels Stumble in Opener, 2-1 - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Erie SeaWolves at Reading Phillies - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Flying Squirrels Game Notes at Altoona - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- B-Mets Game Notes: at Portland Sea Dogs - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Reliever Lee Hyde Sent Back to Trenton; Betances Hits DL - Trenton Thunder
- Sea Dogs Game Notes August 23 vs. Binghamton - Portland Sea Dogs
- Yuengling Oktoberfest 2012 to be Held September 29 at PNG Field - Altoona Curve
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.