Wranglers, Robbie Smith Agree to Terms
Las Vegas - The Las Vegas Wranglers announced today that forward Robbie Smith has agreed to terms with the team and will be joining the Wranglers on the road this weekend.
Smith, 25, tallied seven goals and 15 points in 60 games with the Wranglers last season. The 6-foot-3, 190-pound left wing first played for Las Vegas in 2010-11, recording a goal and an assist in five games on an amateur try-out contract. Originally from Brooks, Alberta, Smith spent five seasons (2006-11) at Dartmouth College, posting 19 points (9 goals, 10 assists) in 94 games with the Big Green.
The Wranglers head east this weekend for a game against the Trenton Titans on Friday, Jan. 25, and two games against the Reading Royals on Jan. 26 and 27. The team returns home for a four-game stretch starting on Wednesday, Jan. 30, against the Bakersfield Condors, and promotions include a post-game concert by alt-country legend Todd Snider on Friday, Feb. 1, and "Over 18 Night" with the world's first professional topless hockey team on Monday, Feb. 4 at 9:05 p.m.
Celebrating 10 seasons of Wranglers hockey this year, group events are available at all home games, including pre-game ice skating parties, private luxury suites, and rink-side catered party boxes. Groups of ten or more can sit together starting at $13 per ticket, and feature perks such as in-game group recognition and "buy one, get one free" Chuck-A-Puck vouchers. Take advantage of the best deals by calling the Wranglers front office at (702) 471-PUCK. The Wranglers play all 36 regular season home games at Orleans Arena, located next to the Orleans Hotel and Casino at 4500 W. Tropicana Ave.
ECHL Stories from January 23, 2013
- ECHL All-Stars defeat Colorado Eagles 7-3 - ECHL
- Killeen Assigned to Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- Thunder Weekly: Thunder Back to Work After All-Star Break Hosting Utah, Teddy Bear Toss - Stockton Thunder
- Ratchuk Returns; Agrees to Terms with 'Blades - Florida Everblades
- Simpson Reassigned; Two Head Up to AHL - Toledo Walleye
- Royals Loan Defenseman Mark Mitera to Grand Rapids - Reading Royals
- Wranglers, Robbie Smith Agree to Terms - Las Vegas Wranglers
- ECHL Transactions - January 23 - ECHL
- K-Wings Receive Sauve - Kalamazoo Wings
- Synchronized Skating Regionals come to Wings Stadium - Kalamazoo Wings
- Reign Get Their Captain Back From Houston - Ontario Reign
- Hockey Greats Return for First-Ever Alumni Game - Toledo Walleye
- Komet Legends to Skate at Toledo February 17 - Fort Wayne Komets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.