Wranglers Ink 21 Players for Training Camp Roster
Las Vegas - The Las Vegas Wranglers announced today the team's training camp roster, with four previously unannounced forwards rounding out the 21 players currently in Las Vegas for the upcoming season.
The Wranglers training camp roster is as follows:
Goaltenders - Joe Fallon, Mitch O'Keefe
Defensemen - Channing Boe, Cameron Cooper, Josh Godfrey, Nolan Julseth-White, Mike Madill, Eric Springer, Bretton Stamler
Forwards - Judd Blackwater, Brandon Burlingame, Scott Campbell, Carlo Finucci, Chris Francis, Adam Huxley, Locke Jillson, Mickey Lang, Geoff Paukovich, Andrew Sarauer, Joe Schiller, Sean Wiles
Defenseman Jamie Fritsch, forward Josh Lunden and goalie Shawn Hunwick have been invited to American Hockey League training camps with the Abbotsford Heat, St. John's IceCaps and Providence Bruins, respectively. These three players will not open training camp with the Wranglers. The four additional forwards for the 2012-13 season are Geoff Paukovich, Carlo Finucci, Mickey Lang and Brandon Burlingame.
Paukovich, 26, is returning to Las Vegas for his third season after collecting 12 points (5 goals, 7 assists) in the regular season, and five more points (3 goals, 2 assists) during the playoffs last year. Drafted by the Edmonton Oilers in the second round of the 2004 NHL draft, the 6-foot-4, 209-pound center entered the ECHL in 2007, and previously played for the AHL's Springfield Falcons (10 goals, 7 assists, 109 games) in the 2008-09 and 2009-10 seasons.
Finucci, 25, appeared in three games for the Wranglers last season after four years (2008-12) at the University of Alaska, Fairbanks. The 5-foot-9, 190-pound center tallied 53 points (18 goals, 35 assists) in 122 games with the Nanooks.
Lang, 26, picked up 40 points (19 goals, 21 assists) in 61 games with the Central Hockey League's Quad City Mallards last season, earning him Rookie of the Month honors in March 2012. A native of Reno, Nev., the 5-foot-10, 174-pound center spent four years at Manhattanville College (47 goals, 46 assists, 88 games) and was named assistant captain his senior year.
Burlingame, 22, has played in the Northern Pacific Hockey League since the 2007-08 season. Splitting last year between the Vancouver Victory and the Southern Oregon Spartans, the 5-foot-8, 161-pound center recorded 36 points (17 goals, 19 assists) over the regular season, and added a goal and assist to his point tally with the Spartans in the playoffs.
Wranglers training camp opened this past weekend, and the team suits up for the lone home preseason game against the Ontario Reign on Thursday, Oct. 4, at 7:05 p.m. The Wranglers face the Stockton Thunder for opening weekend on Friday, Oct. 19, and Saturday, Oct. 20, at 7:05 p.m.
Celebrating 10 seasons of Wranglers hockey this year, 2012-13 ticket plans are on sale now. Packages start at $93 and can be customized for five, 12 or 22-game plans. Full season tickets come with benefits including buddy passes, exclusive events, a team shop discount and more. Take advantage of the best deals by calling the Wranglers front office at (702) 471-PUCK . The Wranglers play all 36 regular season home games at Orleans Arena, located next to the Orleans Hotel and Casino at 4500 W. Tropicana Ave.
ECHL Stories from October 1, 2012
- Titans Ready to Launch Coaches' Radio Show October 9 - Trenton Titans
- ECHL Transactions - October 1 - ECHL
- Reign Announce 2012-13 Training Camp Roster - Ontario Reign
- Ontario Roster Grows with Signing of Three - Ontario Reign
- Thunder Reduces Camp Roster by Four Players - Stockton Thunder
- Annual Thunder Fan Fest Coming October 7 - Stockton Thunder
- Elmira Jackals Make Roster Moves - Elmira Jackals
- Stingrays Add AHL Depth and a Kelly Cup Champion to 2012-13 Roster - South Carolina Stingrays
- Royals Announce Training Camp Roster - Reading Royals
- Royals Sign Forward Kirk Macdonald - Reading Royals
- Wranglers Ink 21 Players for Training Camp Roster - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Aces Add Brandon Dubinsky to Training Camp - Alaska Aces
- Condors in the Community: See Condors Tuesday at Open House - Bakersfield Condors
- NHL Veteran Ray Sheppard Named Special Assistant to the Head Coach - Orlando Solar Bears
- 107.9 The Bear Is Eagles' Radio Home Once Again - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.