Wranglers Corral Thunder Again
STOCKTON, Calif. - The Stockton Thunder (5-11-3, 13 points) suffered a 3-2 defeat to the Las Vegas Wranglers (18-4-2, 38 points), as the Wranglers' Tim Hambly scored twice, in front of 5,133 at Stockton Arena on Saturday night.
After a scoreless first period, Hambly put the Wranglers out front 1-0 at the second period's 5:55 mark.
Nathan Martz tied the game for the Thunder at 10:05 into the second period, beating Wranglers netminder Mike McKenna with a 20-foot wrist shot in the slot. Las Vegas answered 1:31 later for a 2-1 lead with a Tyler Sloan power play marker.
Stockton tied up the game at the third period's 13:03 mark, when Mike Lalonde scored his team leading 13th goal of the season on a rebound in the slot. Hambly then scored his second goal of the game from a Dan Tudin pass at the blueline, as Las Vegas took the lead for good with less than three minutes remaining. The Thunder breaks for the holiday season, resuming play on December 26 against the Fresno Falcons, with a 5pm faceoff set at Fresno's Save Mart Center. The game can be heard live on the internet (free-of-charge) and is available for viewing at a $6 "pay-per-view" rate at www.stocktonthunder.com, courtesy of B-2 Networks.
Thunder season tickets, individual tickets, and mini packages are on-sale now. Individual tickets can be purchased in-person at Stockton Arena's Box Office, online at www.stocktontickets.com, or by phone at (209) 373-1700. For more information about tickets, merchandise, or other inquiries contact the Stockton Thunder offices at (209) 373-1500 or visit www.stocktonthunder.com.
ECHL Stories from December 18, 2005
- Condors Allow Season-Low 20 Shots in Loss to Phoenix - Bakersfield Condors
- Everblades edge Checkers, 4-3, in shootout - Charlotte Checkers
- Everblades defeat Checkers in shootout, 4-3 - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Royals Valiant Comeback Effort Falls Short - Reading Royals
- Aces blister Salmon Kings, 8-0 - Alaska Aces
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Wranglers Corral Thunder Again - Stockton Thunder
- Checkers win another high scoring affair, 6-5 at Augusta - Charlotte Checkers
- Wranglers Beat Thunder 3-2, Set Team Record with Seventh Win in Row - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Falcons Erase 6-2 Deficit to Defeat Royals in OT, 7-6 - Fresno Falcons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.