Wolves Sign Goalie Riopel
The Chicago Wolves have signed goaltender NICOLA RIOPEL (NIHK-oh-la REE-oh-pehl) to a Professional Tryout Contract (PTO).
RIOPEL backstopped two Kelly Cup playoff games for the ECHL's Greenville Road Warriors, posting a 0-2 mark, 4.03 goals-against average and .900 save percentage as Greenville was swept by the Florida Everblades, 3-games-to-0. He appeared in 25 regular-season contests with Greenville, recording a 14-9-2 mark, 3.06 goals-against average and .905 save percentage.
The 23-year-old goaltender spilt the 2010-11 campaign between Greenville and the American Hockey League's Adirondack Phantoms. He notched a 24-12-2 record, 2.79 goals-against average and .906 save percentage in 38 tilts with the Road Warriors and a 3-7-0 mark and a 3.55 goals-against average in 11 contests with the Phantoms.
Overall, the Beloiel, Quebec, native has accrued a 7-13-0 mark and 3.45 goals-against average in 21 career AHL games with Adirondack spanning two seasons (2009-11) and a 38-21-4 record and 2.89 goals-against average in 63 career ECHL matchups spanning two years (2010-12).
RIOPEL will join the Wolves as they open their 15th postseason campaign with Game 1 of the Western Conference Quarterfinals against the San Antonio Rampage at 7 p.m. tonight at the AT&T Center. For information or to buy tickets to Wolves home playoff games, visit chicagowolves.com or call 1-800-THE-WOLVES.
American Hockey League Stories from April 19, 2012
- Robak's OT Winner Leads Rampage Past Wolves 5-4 in Game 1 - San Antonio Rampage
- Wolves Drop Game 1 in OT Thriller - Chicago Wolves
- Matt Hackett made 33 saves for the Houston Aeros in a 5-0 loss - Houston Aeros
- Whale Shuts out Sound Tigers 3-0 to Take Game 1 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Amerks Come up Short in Game 1 Loss to Marlies - Rochester Americans
- Talbot, Whale Take Playoff Opener 3-0 - Connecticut Whale
- Jets Assign Mark Scheifele to IceCaps - St. John's IceCaps
- IceCaps' Playoff Game to be Broadcast on TSN Radio 1290 - St. John's IceCaps
- County Executive Proclaims Eastern Standard Time to Now be Known as Crunch Time - Syracuse Crunch
- Admirals and Heat Start Playoffs Friday - Milwaukee Admirals
- Puska on Pucks has the playoff primer and guests Derek Armstrong and Guy Girouard - OSC Original by Denis Puska
- Barons Playoff Game Notes - April 19 - Oklahoma City Barons
- McColgan a Product of Burgeoning California Hockey - Connecticut Whale
- Former Whaler Garry Swain to Head Sponsorship Sales - Connecticut Whale
- Worcester Sharks Host Annual Equipment Sale on Sunday, April 29 - Worcester Sharks
- Whale Sign Defenseman Samuel Noreau to ATO - Connecticut Whale
- The Distillery on Winton Road to Host Amerks Viewing Party Tonight - Rochester Americans
- Wolves Sign Goalie Riopel - Chicago Wolves
- Bruton and Shields Join Aces Kelly Cup Defense - Peoria Rivermen
- Bruins Recall 10 from Providence - Providence Bruins
- Capitals Assign Cody Eakin to Hershey - Hershey Bears
- 2012 Calder Cup Conference Quarterfinal Previews - AHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.