Wolves Raising Money, Collecting Supplies for Tornado Victims
To help people throughout Illinois who've been affected by Sunday's tornado-laden storms, the Chicago Wolves are collecting supplies at their home game on Saturday, Nov. 23, and donating ticket revenue from their three remaining home games in November.
Fans are encouraged to donate cleaning supplies --- mops, buckets, sponges, dish soap, towels --- as well as flashlights, batteries and toiletries when they enter Allstate Arena for the 7 p.m. game Saturday against the Grand Rapids Griffins. Everything collected will be delivered to the Salvation Army to support people in the affected towns.
In addition, fans can purchase tickets for Saturday's game, the 7 p.m.
game on Wednesday, Nov. 27, versus Iowa, and the 7:30 p.m. game on Friday, Nov. 29, versus Rockford and have a portion of the proceeds donated to the cause. Simply visit ticketmaster.com and type RELIEF into the offer code box when purchasing Wolves tickets. The team will match all of the money raised in this manner, which also will be donated to the Salvation Army.
"Our thoughts and prayers go out to those who have been affected by the tornadoes," said MIKE GORDON, Wolves president of business operations.
"We hope the Wolves organization and their fans can provide some much-needed support."
Defenseman TAYLOR CHORNEY is one of several Wolves who played for Peoria in recent years. He was among the players who expressed concern for their former home in the immediate aftermath of the storms.
"Besides the fact that a lot of us have ties to Central Illinois, any time you get the opportunity to help out, you should," CHORNEY said. "There are a lot of people in need of a lot of different things and I think it's just the right thing to do to help in any way we can."
American Hockey League Stories from November 20, 2013
- Griffins Blow out Admirals, 5-0 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Heat Beat IceHogs to Remain First in AHL - Abbotsford Heat
- Penguins Work Past Americans - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Albany Devils Stay Red Hot - Albany Devils
- Amerks Come up Short in 3-1 Loss to Baby Pens - Rochester Americans
- Kinkaid, Devils Whitewash Wolf Pack 3-0 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Comets Lose a Champion - Utica Comets
- Dallas Stars Recall Kevin Connauton from Conditioning Assignment - Texas Stars
- Morin Recalled by the Blackhawks - Rockford IceHogs
- Wolves Raising Money, Collecting Supplies for Tornado Victims - Chicago Wolves
- Aubry and Jensen Reassigned to Toledo - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Lightning Reassign Korobov to Syracuse - Syracuse Crunch
- Tickets for February 8 Amerks Game at First Niagara Center on Sale Now - Rochester Americans
- Toronto Marlies Weekly - Toronto Marlies
- Coyotes Recall Kennedy from Portland - Portland Pirates
- Minnesota Recalls Zucker from Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Rockford Battles Western Conference Leading Abbotsford - Rockford IceHogs
- Worcester Sharks Sign Dan DaSilva to PTO - Worcester Sharks
- Sabres Recall Adam, McNabb from Rochester - Rochester Americans
- Phantoms Weekly - Home Sweet Home - Adirondack Phantoms
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.