Wolves Make Roster Moves
The Vancouver Canucks have reassigned left wing DARREN ARCHIBALD from the ECHL's Kalamazoo Wings to the Chicago Wolves and have reassigned forward STEFAN SCHNEIDER from the Wolves to the K-Wings. In addition, the Wolves have recalled defenseman JEREMIE BLAIN from the ECHL's Idaho Steelheads.
ARCHIBALD shares second on Kalamazoo with 6 goals and fifth with 13 points in 18 games this season. He also ranks second on the K-Wings with a +6 plus/minus rating this year.
The 22-year-old forward appeared in 20 games with the Wolves as a rookie last season, accruing a goal and 10 penalty minutes. The New Market, Ontario, native also ranked fourth on Kalamazoo with 31 assists and shared fifth with 45 points in 49 ECHL outings with the K-Wings last year.
BLAIN paces Idaho blueliners and ranks seventh among ECHL defensemen with 14 points (4G, 10A) in 18 games during his professional debut this season. His 4 goals and 10 assists also rank first among team rear guards.
Prior to turning pro, the 20-year-old defenseman amassed 116 assists, 132 points, and 218 penalty minutes in 211 QMJHL tilts with Victoriaville and Acadie-Bathurst from 2008-12.
SCHNEIDER has not appeared in any games with the Wolves this season. The 22-year-old forward posted a career-best four goals, five assists, and nine points in 46 games with Chicago during the 2011-12 campaign.
The Wolves host their Illinois Lottery Cup rival, the Rockford IceHogs, at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 28. For more information or to purchase tickets to the game, call 1-800-THE-WOLVES or visit chicagowolves.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 26, 2012
- Hamilton Bulldogs Recall Stefan Chaput - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Second Episode Of Hamilton Bulldogs Hockey Hour Taking Place Tomorrow At Montana's Cookhouse - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Amerks Offering "Zubaz Pants Party" Ticket Package - Rochester Americans
- Fournier Reassigned to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Hamilton Bulldogs Weekly - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Whale Weekly - Connecticut Whale
- Amerks Recall Mackenzie from Greenville - Rochester Americans
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- The Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- Stefan Della Rovere Assigned to Evansville - Peoria Rivermen
- Penguins Weekly - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Trending #worsharks Battled for 4 More Points in Wild Weekend - Worcester Sharks
- Wolves Make Roster Moves - Chicago Wolves
- Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Taylor Hall Named CCM / AHL Player of the Week - Oklahoma City Barons
- Oklahoma City's Taylor Hall Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Richards, Hogs Find Winning Groove in Week 7 - Rockford IceHogs
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Barons Week in Review - Oklahoma City Barons
- Bears Finish Weekend On Winning Note - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.