Wolf Pack Sign Forward Andrew Carroll To PTO
HARTFORD, February 12, 2010: Hartford Wolf Pack general manager Jim Schoenfeld announced today that the team has signed forward Andrew Carroll to a Professional Tryout (PTO) agreement.
This is the second tour of duty with the Wolf Pack for Carroll, a rookie out of the University of Minnesota-Duluth, who comes to the Wolf Pack from the team's ECHL affiliate, the Charlotte Checkers. In two games earlier this season with the Pack, Carroll was scoreless and even, with seven penalty minutes.
Carroll was leading the Charlotte club in goals with 21, a total that was good for fourth among ECHL rookies, in 40 games, and also had 12 assists for 33 points, third-best on the Checker team. His total of 82 penalty minutes ranked him fifth on the Charlotte squad.
Last season Carroll, a 6-0, 200-pound native of Shoreview, MN, joined the Checkers after his college season ended. He was scoreless, with two PIM, in one regular season game and chipped in two assists, with 11 PIM, in six ECHL playoff contests. In 43 WCHA games with Minnesota-Duluth in 2008-09, Carroll registered five goals and seven assists for 12 points, and served 36 minutes in penalties.
In 153 career games in four years at UMD, the 24-year-old Carroll had 29 goals and 28 assists for 57 points, plus 113 penalty minutes.
The Wolf Pack are back in action tonight, as they travel to Providence to take on the Bruins in a 7:05 PM game (WTIC HD-2, www.hartfordwolfpack.com, www.wtic.com ). The Wolf Pack's next home game is tomorrow night, Saturday, February 13, a GEICO Connecticut Cup matchup vs. the Bridgeport Sound Tigers (7:00).
Single-game tickets for 2009-10 Hartford Wolf Pack regular season home games are on sale now at the XL Center box office, through Ticketmaster Charge-by-Phone at 1-800-745-3000 and on-line at www.hartfordwolfpack.com.
For information on all the Wolf Pack's many ticketing options, including terrific discounts for groups of 15 or more, visit www.hartfordwolfpack.com, or call the Wolf Pack ticket office at (860) 548-2000 to talk with an account executive today.
American Hockey League Stories from February 12, 2010
- Weiman wins in shootout on on bobblehead night - Lake Erie Monsters
- Sharks roll past Sound Tigers - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Griffins Deliver 7-2 Loss to Aeros - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Admirals Fall to Ice Hogs - Milwaukee Admirals
- Rampage Hand Rivermen 3-1 Loss - Peoria Rivermen
- Krog nets 500th AHL point in 4-1 win - Chicago Wolves
- Chicago surges past Texas - Texas Stars
- Bulldogs spooked by Monsters in shootout - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Moose cruise past Marlies - Manitoba Moose
- MacLean and Pogge lead Rampage to 3-1 victory in Peoria on Friday - San Antonio Rampage
- Falcons Fall To Monarchs 4-1 - Springfield Falcons
- Monarchs Clip Wings - Manchester Monarchs
- Janus, Admirals Vanquish Devils 3-0 - Norfolk Admirals
- Bruins win over Wolf Pack - Connecticut Whale
- Jones and Quirk lead Sharks to victory in Bridgeport - Worcester Sharks
- B-Sens fall to Pens in shootout - Binghamton Senators
- Crunch Win Streak Snapped in Portland - Syracuse Crunch
- Gordon Scores Twice As Bears Win 11th Straight - Albany River Rats
- P-Bruins Defeat Wolf Pack 7-1 - Providence Bruins
- Pirates Top Crunch For Seventh Straight Win - Portland Pirates
- Former Crunch Captain Dan Smith Returns To Syracuse To Take Part In Pre-Game Ceremonies At Mirabito - Syracuse Crunch
- Lilja Recalled By Red Wings - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Penguins And Tobyhanna Partner To Go Red - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Senators Recall Defencemen Brian Lee And Derek Smith From Binghamton - Binghamton Senators
- Marlies Re-Assign Engelage & Slaney To Reading - Toronto Marlies
- Parse Returns To Manchester - Manchester Monarchs
- Wolf Pack Sign Forward Andrew Carroll To PTO - Connecticut Whale
- Scott Fletcher Returns To Providence - Providence Bruins
- Wolf Pack Home Game Re-Scheduled - Connecticut Whale
- B-Sens Hold Special Sunday "Nooners" Skate - Binghamton Senators
- Falcons to Face Monarchs - Springfield Falcons
- Ottawa Acquires Matt Cullen From Carolina For Alexandre Picard And Ottawa's 2nd-Round Draft Pick In - Binghamton Senators
- Seneca Gaming Amerks Legends Series Lineup Announced - Rochester Americans
- Phantoms Announce Inaugural 2010 Class Of The Adirondack Hockey Hall Of Fame - Adirondack Phantoms
- AHL Quick Hits - AHL
- Admirals Sign Defenseman Zach Tarkir To PTO - Norfolk Admirals
- Radek Smolenak Reassigned To Abbotsford - Norfolk Admirals
- Game Night: Amerks Take On Heat At Blue Cross Arena - Rochester Americans
- Moose, RCMP Encourage Youth To "Follow Your Dreams" - Manitoba Moose
- Crunch Players To Sign Autogrpahs At Quaker Steak And Lube - Syracuse Crunch
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.