Wolf Pack Sign Defenseman Desmond Bergin to PTO
HARTFORD, February 8, 2018: Hartford Wolf Pack general manager Chris Drury announced today that the Wolf Pack has signed defenseman Desmond Bergin to a Professional Tryout (PTO) agreement.
Bergin, a second-year pro out of Harvard University, comes to the Wolf Pack from the ECHL's Adirondack Thunder. The 5-11, 190-pound native of Natick, MA has skated in 42 games with the Thunder this season and leads team defensemen in points, goals and assists, and ranks third overall on the team in assists, with 10-21-31 in 42 games. The 25-year-old Bergin has also registered 16 penalty minutes and a +3, and his ten goals are good for a tie for second among all ECHL blueliners.
Bergin spent his first pro campaign last season with the Greenville Swamp Rabbits of the ECHL, and had seven goals and 19 assists for 26 points, along with ten PIM, in 60 games. His +8 rating was the second-best among Swamp Rabbit defensemen and tied him for third overall on the team.
Prior to turning pro, Bergin played in a total of 117 games in a four-year career at Harvard, amassing four goals and 24 assists for 28 points, plus 48 PIM.
DESMOND BERGIN'S AMATEUR AND PROFESSIONAL RECORD
Regular Season Playoffs
Year Team Lge. GP G A PTS PIM GP G A Pts. PIM
2012-13 Harvard Univ. ECAC 17 3 3 6 6 --- --- --- --- ---
2013-14 Harvard Univ. ECAC 29 0 3 3 16 --- --- --- --- ---
2014-15 Harvard Univ. ECAC 37 1 8 9 10 --- --- --- --- ---
2015-16 Harvard Univ. ECAC 34 0 10 10 16 --- --- --- --- ---
2016-17 Greenville ECHL 60 7 19 26 10 5 0 1 1 4
2017-18 Adirondack ECHL 42 10 21 31 16
The Wolf Pack start a stretch of six straight games, and eight out of ten, on the road tomorrow night, Friday, February 9, when they travel to Syracuse to battle the Crunch. Faceoff is 7:00 PM, and all of the action can be heard live on News Radio 1410 WPOP, and on-line at www.newsradio1410.com and iHeartRadio. Video streaming is available at www.ahllive.com.
The next home game for the Wolf Pack is Friday, February 23, a 7:15 PM contest vs. the Hershey Bears. As at all Friday-night Wolf Pack home games, fans can enjoy $1 hot dogs and $2 beers through the start of the second period, presented by Dave & Buster's.
Tickets for all 2017-18 Wolf Pack home games are on sale now at the Agera Energy Ticket Office at the XL Center, on-line at www.hartfordwolfpack.com and by phone at (877) 522-8499.
Season ticket information for the Wolf Pack's 2017-18 AHL campaign can be found on-line at www.hartfordwolfpack.com. To speak with a representative about all of the Wolf Pack's many attractive ticketing options, call (855) 762-6451.
American Hockey League Stories from February 8, 2018
- Free IceHogs Grill Tongs this Friday - Rockford IceHogs
- Tomkins Loaned to Indy - Rockford IceHogs
- Sound Tigers Recall Gaudreau from Worcester - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Tansey Assigned to Walleye - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Amerks Assign Pair to Cincinnati - Rochester Americans
- Moose Sign Jake Hildebrand - Manitoba Moose
- Wolf Pack Sign Defenseman Desmond Bergin to PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Jets Recall Comrie from the Moose; Place Hendricks and Tanev on Injured Reserve - Manitoba Moose
- Syracuse Crunch Loan Shane Conacher to Adirondack Thunder - Syracuse Crunch
- Minnesota Wild Acquires Defenseman Viktor Loov from New Jersey - Iowa Wild
- F Steven Swavely, F Alex Krushelnyski Recalled by Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Iowa Wild Recalls Forwards Pavel Jenys and Chase Lang from Rapid City - Iowa Wild
- Canucks Recall Forward Reid Boucher - Utica Comets
- Rangers Recall Neal Pionk from Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Amerks Announce Partnership with Lyft, Blue Cross Arena to Bring Ridesharing to Downtown Rochester - Rochester Americans
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Forward Adam Erne from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Highmore Strikes Twice as Hogs Stretch Home Point Streak - Rockford IceHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.