Wizards Re-Assign Rice to Iowa Energy
Washington, D.C. - Washington Wizards President Ernie Grunfeld announced today that guard Glen Rice has been re-assigned to the Iowa Energy of the NBA Development League. This marks the rookie's second assignment to Iowa this season.
Rice has appeared in 11 games, including one start, for Washington this season while averaging 2.9 points in 10 minutes per game.
After being assigned to Iowa on January 20, Rice appeared in three games with the Energy, averaging 24.3 points, 10.3 rebounds, 2.0 steals and 2.7 blocks in 36 minutes per contest.
NBA Development League Stories from February 27, 2014
- D-Fenders Lose Road Battle with Texas - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Armor Dominate Toros at Home, 120-94 - Springfield Armor
- Charge Fall to Red Claws in Maine - Canton Charge
- Walker Russell, Jr. Returns to the Reno Bighorns - Reno Bighorns
- Charge Acquire Brandon Paul - Canton Charge
- Austin Toros Aquire Ben Strong - Austin Spurs
- Mavericks Assign Crowder, James and Larkin to NBA D-League's Texas Legends - Texas Legends
- Mavericks Assign Crowder, James and Larkin to NBA D-League's Texas Legends - D-League
- Nerlens Noel to Host Ice Cream Social for B+ Heroes - Delaware 87ers
- Xavier Henry Assigned to the D-Fenders - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Xavier Henry Assigned to the NBA D-League's Los Angeles D-Fenders - D-League
- Wizards Re-Assign Rice to Iowa Energy - Iowa Energy
- Wizards Re-Assign Rice to Iowa Energy - D-League
- Warriors Defeated by Vipers - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.