Windsor Acquires Zack Kassian From Peterborough
(Windsor) The Windsor Spitfires today announced that the team has acquired right-winger and Windsor native Zack Kassian from the Peterborough Petes. In 33 games with the Petes this season, Kassian scored 8 goals and 27 points to go along with 58 penalty minutes. Kassian, listed at 6'3" and 215 pounds, was selected by the Buffalo Sabres with the team's first round pick, 13th overall at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.
In exchange, the Spitfires have sent left-winger Austin Watson as well as Windsor's second round picks in the 2012 and 2014 OHL Priority Selections to the Petes.
"Today's deal was a difficult one for us, as we traded an excellent two-way player in Austin Watson. Watson has been great for our team both on and off the ice, and we wish him the very best of luck in Peterborough and also later this year at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft. As an organization, we are also thrilled to add a player of Kassian's caliber to our lineup. He's a hard nosed player and local boy who will bring a special element to our team, as he is a highly skilled and tough player," said Windsor Spitfires Vice-President and General Manager Warren Rychel.
Fans are encouraged to show their support for the Spitfires' 2011 MasterCard Memorial Cup bid by filling out a ballot at the game or by visiting windsorspitfires.com. Tickets for all Spitfire home games can be purchased from the TekSavvy.com Box Office (Gate 2) at the WFCU Centre, by contacting (519) 254-5000 or online at windsorspitfires.com.
Ontario Hockey League Stories from January 10, 2010
- Otters Acquire G Courchaine And F Appio From Sarnia - Erie Otters
- Rangers Scrape By IceDogs - Niagara IceDogs
- Rangers Edge IceDogs 3-2 - Kitchener Rangers
- Knights Make Trade With Plymouth - London Knights
- Windsor Spitfires Defeat Sarnia Sting 4-1 At The Wfcu Centre - - Windsor Spitfires
- Hounds Acquire McCauley From Plymouth - Soo Greyhounds
- Majors Outplay Battalion - Mississauga St. Michael's Majors
- Windsor Acquires Zack Kassian From Peterborough - Windsor Spitfires
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.