Wichita's R.G. Flath Named Oakley CHL Player of the Week
November 26, 2012 - Central Hockey League (CHL) News Release
GLENDALE, AZ (November 26, 2012) -The Central Hockey League announced today that Wichita Thunder forward R.G. Flath has been named the Oakley Central Hockey League Player of the Week for the period ending November 25, 2012.
In recognition of his achievement, Flath will receive a special gift from Oakley. To learn more about all of Oakley's products, visit www.oakley.com.
Flath and the Thunder played in four games last week going a perfect 4-0. The Park City, Utah native scored goals in each of the Thunder's last three games and finished the week with five points (3-2=5). The 5-11, 190-pound forward was a +3 for the week and currently leads the league with a +12 plus/minus rating.
This is the 28-year-old's second season with the Thunder and he is coming off a solid season that saw him post 23 goals and 16 assists in 42 games last season. Last week's effort also earned the forward a milestone with his 100th professional assist and he is currently sitting with 93 professional goals.
Oakley CHL Player of the Week
R.G. Flath, Wichita Thunder
Games Played: 4
Oakley CHL Player of the Week Previous Winners
Oct. 22- Jeff Pierce, Missouri Mavericks
Oct. 29- Gary Steffes, Tulsa Oilers
Nov. 5- David Gilbert, Bloomington Blaze
Nov. 12- Kyle Chipchura, Arizona Sundogs
Nov. 19- Phil Fox, Fort Worth Brahmas
Nov. 26- R.G. Flath, Wichita Thunder
Central Hockey League Stories from November 26, 2012
- Shots from the Point for November 26, 2012 - CHL
- Allen Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- Wichita's R.G. Flath Named Oakley CHL Player of the Week - CHL
- RG Flath Named Oakley CHL Player of the Week - Wichita Thunder
- Bloomington Blaze Weekly - Bloomington Blaze
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Oilers Weekly News and Notes - Tulsa Oilers
- Shorthanded Rush Earn Point in Third-Straight Shootout - Rapid City Rush
- Cutthroats Top Rapid City in a Third Straight Shootout, 2-1 - Denver Cutthroats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.